PDA

View Full Version : Machine is smarter then me

oldjoe
06-17-2007, 02:32 PM
That don't take much but I have done something I'm sure everyone has done. That is after you load a program and it goes through and homes the bits you use in you carvings you start carving away. But when the moment in carving time it is time to change bits you some how or another put in the wrong bit maybe one that is longer than the one it origionally homed in the begining well guess what you get Zaxis error 246 I think that was the number. So I cleared it and put the right bit in and was able to finish the project. Well all most the next bit I put in fell out of the collet so I checked it readjusted it only had it sticking up into the collet too far. Went on my way to finish the carve only now the lettering was wrong not deep enough. So I went back to the computer called up the program deleted everything on the board except for the one word I had to recarve. Put the card back in the machine and it recarve the word in the exact spot it did it the first time. :p What a smart machine.
Was able to finish the project and the only one that knows about the mistake is the CC and I don't let her talk to anyone but me.

eagle1
06-17-2007, 03:18 PM
oldjoe,

The CW is right up the with the computer. They are without question, the dumbest machines in the world. They do exactly what we tell them to do. LOL

I have done the same thing. I told my CW if it tells, i will unplug her.;)

Dean

Digitalwoodshop
06-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes, I don't let my girls talk either.... One is in Texas as I type, I am sure learning bad habbits.... An out of round chuck..... A whole lotta shakin going on..... Then I strip the square drive trying to replace the chuck.... And I heated it too, but she wouldn't let go.

Then there is the Orphan... Rebuilt Z Encoder, New Chuck, 2 new belts and has been humming away happily.... With the wind storm of the 2 hp dust collector, there is just a film of dust inside. I think that makes a difference.

AL