PDA

View Full Version : blue angels logo

bamaman315
06-15-2007, 02:31 PM
does anyone have a good file for the blue angels?

leesheridan
06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
If you don't come up with just what you are looking for I have a few pictures my son took of the F15's at Mt. Home AFB. A couple of the pics are arial shot. Let me know. The Gantry Co. has gray graphics artwork and they have a few pics for sale that are very nice.

Jon Jantz
06-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey Bamaman...

Are you looking for the LOGO? Like the Blue Angels shield logo? Or a good carveable file that actually has the planes in a picture?

Later,
Jon

MrFTAMan
06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
I hope you're looking for the logo shield. I have a uncle who was a mechanic for the Blue Angels years ago and I thought about creating a nice wall plaque to give him soon. Didn't have a chance to ask for one or do any searching.
So, count me in for wanting a logo shield pattern, too! :D

BobHill
06-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Here is the logo, script name, shape of the F-18. If you have something like CorelDraw you can make it into a great piece to carve, or have someone do it for you.

Bob

bamaman315
06-15-2007, 06:05 PM
yes I am looking for the logo shield , a good up close picture,
thanks everyone for the fast responce to my question, I don't have corel draw though.

Hey Bamaman...

Are you looking for the LOGO? Like the Blue Angels shield logo? Or a good carveable file that actually has the planes in a picture?

Later,
Jon

poteetjr
06-16-2007, 08:19 PM
bamaman315

I am trying to find an image that is not distorted in order to try to convert it to a pattern. Will let you know if I find it. Does it have to be Blue angles I am sure I can get a thunderbird patch a lot easier... (It is nice to have connections)

BobHill
06-16-2007, 08:47 PM
??? I posted the official patch logo and script name for the Blue Angels. What else are you looking for? If you wish it to be better, do a Google and then take it into PhotoShop/CorelDraw and do a trace. I doubt you'll be able to get a high res image large enough to work all by itself. If you can't do the work yourself, you might ask someone. But if you just wish to see what they look like ... I posted images.

Bob

poteetjr
06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I am trying to find a better image so that I can makeout the ship and wings a little bit betterbefore i attempt to trace...

BobHill
06-17-2007, 01:50 PM
If you wish, just find a set of Navy Wings (they are standard), silhouette of an f-18 in angle profile, and then just increase the size of the script lettering with resampling in PhotoShop. The carrier is very basic and with a resample enlargement, an easy trace. The shield is a "gimme".
Bob

yellowdog
06-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I have a scan file of a F18 Hornet that I scanned from a model. I'm not sure how to load it here but will try if you want.

bamaman315
06-24-2007, 06:12 AM
thanks I can use that ' i wish some one had a large blue angels logo that they can scan, a friend of mine went to pensicola and they could not find one there and that is their home base.

kennymill
11-06-2007, 07:09 AM
thanks I can use that ' i wish some one had a large blue angels logo that they can scan, a friend of mine went to pensicola and they could not find one there and that is their home base.

Here are a few photos of the Blue Angels.

Kenny

Dirtydan
11-07-2007, 01:25 AM
If any one wants some good Blue Angles and F-18, F-14 or other aircraft go to my website at http://www.ddsf-ent.com Click on Etcetera and then click on Dan's Pictures and then Click on Dan's Place... There's over 260 pictures there.... Enjoy...:D

SawdustSteve
11-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I am just now learning (fumbling around with) Corel Draw and thought this would be an interesting project to make something from.

Please see my attached attempt at a Blue Angels plaque

Dirtydan
11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I am just now learning (fumbling around with) Corel Draw and thought this would be an interesting project to make something from.

Please see my attached attempt at a Blue Angels plaque

Steve,

That looks VERY, Very, very good... Nice Job on the mpc../import..

SawdustSteve
11-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I appreciate the kind words. As I said, I am still fumbling through... but it seems to be a fun program.

The Blue Angels hold a special place in my heart, so spending a little time on this was time well spent.