PDA

View Full Version : another clean sensor error

Gman_Ind
06-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Well I was bragging on how great my machine was performing after it returned from Texas, It is down again.
I have a check board sensor error, I was carving Lyptus, a hard dark wood. The fine dark dust made its way up behind the lens. After searching (researching) the error I pulled the sensor out and cleaned the lens. I noticed a single wire was longer than the rest and it has a flat spot. when I do the sensor check it now reads zero. If I knew where the ends of the cable went to I could do a continuity test to find the problem wire.
Has anyone else noticed how short these wires are? I had a time getting it plugged back in.
I have called CW tech support.

benluz
06-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Well I was bragging on how great my machine was performing after it returned from Texas, It is down again.
I have a check board sensor error, I was carving Lyptus, a hard dark wood. The fine dark dust made its way up behind the lens. After searching (researching) the error I pulled the sensor out and cleaned the lens. I noticed a single wire was longer than the rest and it has a flat spot. when I do the sensor check it now reads zero. If I knew where the ends of the cable went to I could do a continuity test to find the problem wire.
Has anyone else noticed how short these wires are? I had a time getting it plugged back in.
I have called CW tech support.

yes...very short,I ended up taking the lens out ...I spent more time cleaning the lens then carving...now I just give a gentle air blow and it cleans it right out.
Ben