PDA

View Full Version : Flash Card Will Not Be Recognized

Winfieldsjr
06-15-2007, 02:20 AM
I have not been able to get the Mac G -5 to read the flash card. It gives me a warning that it can not be initialized. The computer knows the device is there ( Under system Analysis feature) but can not down load, upload to it.

THE DESIGN SOFTWre works great and I created three nice files but can not go further.

I just received two replacements and still nop worke. Any advice?
confused:

Scott in Kenai, AK.

rpringle
06-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Scott,
I have a MacBook Pro and the card and reader have worked with no problems.
There have been post which said " a powered port is necessary".
I would try a diffrent port or take the reader and card to an Apple
store and test on one of their machines.

I have had my machine for almost two months and 20 hours of carving time the more you use it the more uses you will find.

My latest project is the Apple Box from Jon's site.

Happy Carving,
Russ

rjustice
06-16-2007, 02:23 AM
I have not been able to get the Mac G -5 to read the flash card. It gives me a warning that it can not be initialized. The computer knows the device is there ( Under system Analysis feature) but can not down load, upload to it.

THE DESIGN SOFTWre works great and I created three nice files but can not go further.

I just received two replacements and still nop worke. Any advice?
confused:

Scott in Kenai, AK.

I'm not versed in Apple, but there have been a couple other posts about problems like this. Someone just the other day found out that if the memory card isnt plugged into the reader when you plug in the USB, it is hit or miss whether it worked or not. I have done it both ways and it doesnt seem to matter on my computer, but it worked every time for him if it was inserted first.
Also, yes you have to have a powered USB port. Someone else reported even going the trouble of getting a USB hub that you have to plug into the wall to provide power?... If you have multiple ports i would definately try another. It could be sensing that it is there, but not have enough power to read/write and work the LED's on the device.
If you have access to another computer, download the demo software to it, and try it on that box... process of elimination.. to see what works/ doesnt work.

Good luck,

Ron