PDA

View Full Version : Pattern editor: editing outside of a pattern?

BearlyRich
06-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I recently went through my patterns (downloaded every one I could find) and found a "Dragon Plaque" that was just beautiful. Then I noticed it had one slight edge of it's round outer edge cut off. It also has four holes in the outer circle.

The four holes were no major problem and fillable in the pattern editor. But when I went to fix the cut edge, the editor won't let me fill anything in. I played a bit and found that I can't edit or add anything outside the original pattern.

Did I miss someting? Is there any way to add/edit outside an original pattern? If an edge from a scan comes out bad, how would it be fixed?

The lack of copy/paste is bad enough but if we can't fix edges, there's some fixing to be done in the software itself...

Jeff_Birt
06-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Nope can't 'add' anything outside the boundries of a pattern, which stinks :(. When I scan something I always try toscan 1/4" past the edges to give me room to fix things. I hope they get this fixed along with Copy-Paste.

BearlyRich
06-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Ah, thanks. I was hoping I just missed something... All we can do is wait I suppose for a software update...

benluz
06-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Ah, thanks. I was hoping I just missed something... All we can do is wait I suppose for a software update...

I have had the feather have a big dimple in it ,which was just a bit of noise you can see in the editor ,shows up as just a dot just outside your pattern,but I almost missed it ,it was so small ,just use eraser and will clear up those kinds of edge prolems.But if your scanner failed to get the entire edge ,then your out of luck.
Ben