PDA

View Full Version : Text and CutPath

matsmit
06-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Can someone please tell me if there is a way, other than tracing out the top of the text to use the top half of the text in the attached project as a cut path? I have tried making the majority of the frame cutout a rectangular cutpath and using the carving bit for the remaining pieces around the text, but am looking to do the whole interior cutout with the cutting bit.

eagle1
06-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Can someone please tell me if there is a way, other than tracing out the top of the text to use the top half of the text in the attached project as a cut path? I have tried making the majority of the frame cutout a rectangular cutpath and using the carving bit for the remaining pieces around the text, but am looking to do the whole interior cutout with the cutting bit.

matsmit,
Is this what your trying to do? See attached file. I had to use connect lines tool to outline the letters then complete the cut out. There may be a simpler way but I don't know what it is in this program. Also use clip carving feature exculsive, you wont have to carve the cut out.

Hope this helps

Dean

matsmit
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
eagle1 ... yes, that is it. Thank you! I will try carving it today. If there is a shortcut to avoid the tracing, that would be great.

BobHill
06-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Mat,
Although I would have designed it in vector, like in CorelDraw, then converted it into raster and worked the pattern into the frame by applying a Carve Region via Outline Pattern, then you could use the Cut Path option. No manual tracing required.

Bob