PDA

View Full Version : We The People

eagle1
06-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Been working on this one, what do you all think. The plaque size is only 5' X 11". Wanted to see how small I could make centerline text. (Letters are 1/8" wide X 1/4" tall)

Kenm810
06-14-2007, 06:46 AM
eagle1,

Outsranding project,
the carving looks crisp and the coloring really complments the theme of the piece,
please keep it up. your work looks great.http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

DocWheeler
06-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Eagle1,
Yes, that is very nicely done, I like the framing of the text.

John Cehowski
06-14-2007, 09:19 AM
My eye's aren't the greatest - Is the scroll craved also? Is that the wood grain, or a texture on the scroll, that gives it it's look?

John

eagle1
06-14-2007, 10:24 AM
My eye's aren't the greatest - Is the scroll craved also? Is that the wood grain, or a texture on the scroll, that gives it it's look?

John

John,
Yes the scroll is carved, the the text was first sprayed painted black then sanded, then a coat of boiled linseed oil applied to the surface behind the text only, after some drying a coat of honey maple stain was applied to the entire project. I have not put the final coat of finish on it yet.

This was a scrap piece of pine I was playing with. Came out better than I thought so decided to finish it. I have re-worked the scroll to obtain a smoother look and here is new one I will be carving this week end.

Dean

beachman
06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
beautiful work eagle1