PDA

View Full Version : screw loose

TIM R
06-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I had a screw fall out of cutting truck causing it to come off rail, has anyone had a similar occurence and can truck be taken off easily to fix.

thanks tim r

Digitalwoodshop
06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Tim,

Since this is your first post and the missing screw caused the Z Axis to come off the track, I would call CarveWright in the morning. 800-573-1226 option 4 Service.

If you torque it too tight you could mess up the bearings, worth them walking you through that. If you have the ability to post a picture that would be great, keep it below 97.7 K file size to post a jpg. A picture to support@carvewright.com would get you a quick reply in the morning.

Good Luck,

AL

Kenm810
07-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Hey, I got a loose screw too,----a wait a minute, I mean I had a screw come loose,---wait that ain't right ---- no I mean my machine had a "Y" truck bearing screw come loose, --Ya that's it. I just happened aahum! to be watching the machine carving a small centerline project, and noticed the "Z" truck didn't look right, it kept leaning in what ever direction the Bit was carving. I lifted the cover to stop the machine, took a hold of the "Z" and "Y" truck, they wobbled all over the place, right to left, front to back. I checked each of the screws in the trucks and found the lower left screw in the "y" truck was half way out, I snugged it back in with out forcing it. the carving and text were ruined but at least the carving head didn't fall off. This doesn't happen a lot does it?? http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif