PDA

View Full Version : Just another clock project

Dan-Woodman
06-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Heres another clock project I'm working on.
It's Oak, and there's no fuzzys. I couldn't believe it .
Idon't know if you can see it or not but the only sanding so far is a little on the surface and edges. No sanding on the carving.
The other picture ( my router table ) I made years ago and is also made from an old microwave cart like one of the other guys has.
The opening is about 10" for a clock face that we have that had a wooden ring on it that broke.
no finish as of yet.

As I was carving this project, the back carved fine, just a recess for the clock works, but then it got at 23 % carved on the front ans quess what---CCM error. I pushed start , like the screan said, then I got a fatal error 2. I couldn't even push stop. I had to turn off power. So then I had to go back to designer , remove all back operations, and start the front all over again.
This worked out fantastic. I could not even tell any difference at all in the postioning of the carving . I mean it was right on. At 4% I got a CCM again, but this time after I pushed start it took off and 3 1/2 hrs. later hear it is .

later Daniel

rjustice
06-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Daniel,
Very nice work! the oak should finish very nicely.

Ron

eagle1
06-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Dan,
Your clock is just beautiful, I like working in Oak also, not many fuzzes. Are you going to leave it natural or stain it?

Dean

Jon Jantz
06-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Dan, that is a beautiful piece. VVN!!

Dan-Woodman
06-10-2007, 12:56 PM
My wife is the finisher, she says aged oak gel on the carvings and regular fruitwood brushed on the surface.
I used to do all my own finishing , but now that she doen't work,she wants something to occupy her day.
I have done a lot of Oak projects and most of them had fuzzies,but not this one.
This clock will be close to the color of my desk , avatar.

Dan-Woodman
07-09-2007, 09:35 PM
WOW I finally got the clock finished.

mtylerfl
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
WOW I finally got the clock finished.

Another WOW, Dan!

That looks great. Superb finishing job!

BobHill
07-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Very, very nice, Dan. Now you have given me an idea on recreating the wood clock "box" that belonged to my Great, great grandfather. The original hasn't survived all that well over the years, but it's design is great.

Bob

Bill
07-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Excellent, very well done http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

rjustice
07-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Dan,
Really nice piece. Thank you for sharing !

Ron

Sarge
07-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Dan,
That is another of my choices of top "few" projects. Very crisp and attractive use of the scrolls. Not over-done. One thing.......... your date group on your digital camera is several months ahead of time!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dan-Woodman
11-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm finally getting around to posting the mpc. for this clock if anyone is interested.
For the outline of the outside , I just took a cumpus at about 5/8" width and traced around the outside and scrollsawed it out and rounded over the edges with a 1/4" roundover bit.
later Daniel

TIMCOSBY
11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
i'm glad your shop is messy like mine i was getting a complex over all the clean shops:D