PDA

View Full Version : Getting JPG files into software

DrizSki
06-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi,

I'm able to get JPG files into the software but the result is usually not so good.

It either will rout out the entire frame and just leave a line of the image in the bottom of the routed area.

I can get it to work with a shadow but it will only does the outline.

Can I have it recognize the image with such a thing as grey scale to get it to have depth or does that have to be drawn in manually.

Mike

Greybeard
06-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Hi Mike,
Could you post a bit more description of what effect you would like ?
For example the camel raised on a flat background, an engraved line, or just an outline with a slightly curved edge ?
Lots of possibilities, each with a slightly different method.

It would also be helpful to give you the best advice if you said what graphics software you are using, and a rough idea of your level of experience - "none/ beginner/ been trying for a couple of weeks, and starting to bang my head against the wall" type of thing ;)

No use to you me saying use "such and such" a tool, if you don't have it, or don't know how to use it.

Regards
John

DrizSki
06-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I've messed around some -- I have about 5000 old word perfect graphic files and so I'm importing these.

I figured out that using BMP versus JPG seems to produce a more useable image.

I've just got to mess around some more.

Here is a sample of what I did this morning.

DrizSki
06-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Grey,

I'm new to this software but have used CAD and many differed image programs.

I just got my Compucarve last night and was able to produce several pretty decent items pretty quickly out of the box.

I'm working on it ..

Mike

Greybeard
06-09-2007, 01:31 PM
It looks like you're on your way.
A lot of people prefer .png when importing. Definitely avoid .jpg.
My personal preference for graphics work is CorelDraw, but everyone has their own favorites. Just lots of practice ahead of you.
Good luck.
Regards
John