PDA

View Full Version : Going back to Texas

RC Woodworks
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Well I got my part today, I paid for overnight shipping and the bummer is wrong part!!! That's ok the service from CW has been fantastic. Here I kept saying I was getting a Z pack when I confused it with the Y motor. I get my numbers mixed up!! ( I know letters) I thought I was getting a Y motor but got a replacement gear.

I called CW and asked for Shayne and she was very patient with me. Of course I could get a screw to go in or a plug to go back in. Then I started getting a close cover error. Finally solved that and decided it was the Y motor. She told me she would overnight the motor to me. Which I really appreciated it the problem I leave for my fair the day it will come in.

So I asked could I send it in so you can take care of all the issues. A shipping label will be sent tomorrow. I did notice on my Y rail it was a bit rough. Plus I would get the error a few seconds into the carving at the same spot. So I want CW to look at the rail and replace the Y motor. Maybe they can solve the CCM? I can only hope!!!!

Friday I get my second machine, so the wife is going to pick it up for me and take it with her to the show. I have a great wife!!! I hope I won't have any errors like the person. I know what to do with the other problems!

I really look forward to the day all the bugs are worked out. This is a great little machine! I am going to have a SET up shop 2 CC and a SB. Then the wife said I can get a new tablesaw! I had a better organized shop when I had a 24' by 24' shop. Now with the 30' by 40' it is so crowded! Too many tools!

Rick

Mikewiz
06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey
Just got back my cc today from texas. Did a 2 hour carve and did not get the cut motor error. I've had it since I got my machine in march. They also found other problems with it, the front roller wasn't in stalled properly in china. They also change the Z truck pack. the said they do that to every cc that gets sent to them. But they found two bad bearrings on the Z truck and that my homing sensor was broke. So I'm glad I sent it in, Cause it went there cause my motor wouldn,t spin and they were going to send me a new motor, but that wasn't the problem at all. So I'd still be down had I not sent it in. But good luck with yours Rick.

RC Woodworks
06-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks Mike, that is what I am hoping too. I want them to go through it and fix all that is wrong. I do know something is going on with my Y motor and possibly the Z truck. Also the slide rail might be warped.

It is just bad timing, I need it for this weekend and needed to get ready. Oh well I am getting another one Friday, maybe Sears will surprise me and it comes in tomorrow?

Ah not the way things go for me! I hope I get a recently made unit and not a early model. I will make it though it is going to alright!

Rick

forqnc
06-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey
Just got back my cc today from texas. Did a 2 hour carve and did not get the cut motor error. I've had it since I got my machine in march. They also found other problems with it, the front roller wasn't in stalled properly in china. They also change the Z truck pack. the said they do that to every cc that gets sent to them. But they found two bad bearrings on the Z truck and that my homing sensor was broke. So I'm glad I sent it in, Cause it went there cause my motor wouldn,t spin and they were going to send me a new motor, but that wasn't the problem at all. So I'd still be down had I not sent it in. But good luck with yours Rick.

Just curious Mike, how do you know what they did to it. I got mine back 2 weeks ago and finally got to get it out of the box last night. I had no paperwork saying what they did.

RC Woodworks
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Forqnc, one thing that really surprised me. Last Saturday when I called about my Y axis stall I ended of talking to a tech supervisor. Not because I was not happy, but because of all the issues trying to resolve the CCM and ll the parts sent. CW wanted to make sure I was taken care of.

So going through the Y issue Shayne who was helping me was making notes. Then when I tried the new gear and it didn't work I talked to Shayne directly and again through the process she was making notes.

So I think with the great service they are listening as well. I am with you though I wish they would let us know what repair was performed.

Rick

forqnc
06-06-2007, 11:15 AM
I agree about the great support RC, and hopefully in the future they will enclose a print out of what was repaired/replaced.

Kenm810
06-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Now this is just a thought,
What if we as the wood carvers and owners of the machines enclosed a check list in the box when it goes to CW for repair. That way the Techs replacing the parts or working on the machine could simply check mark the boxes pertaining to what was worked on, replaced, or done. I’m sure with all the input we have in this forum someone could compile enough information to draft a working standard check list that we all could down load and use. It could contain a section for parts replaced, another for procedures performed and an area for notes and reconditions by the Techs. A spot on it could be set aside for each of us to describe what the errors were and what we think the machine is doing right or wrong. And possible what we ourselves or with the help of a CW tech on the phone or in an email have already tried to do in solving an error, or possibly any repairs or replace a parts. Then when the machine is returned to us we can date it and we’ll have some record of what was done. We would then have the list for future reference if or when needed.
As I said just a thought.

Mikewiz
06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
When I received it yesterday I call cw. I spoke to chris and asked if there was a way I could find out what was done to my machine. He went and pulled my file and was able to tell me what was found and what was done. So if you call them they should do the same for you.

cajunpen
06-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Now this is just a thought,
What if we as the wood carvers and owners of the machines enclosed a check list in the box when it goes to CW for repair. That way the Techs replacing the parts or working on the machine could simply check mark the boxes pertaining to what was worked on, replaced, or done. I’m sure with all the input we have in this forum someone could compile enough information to draft a working standard check list that we all could down load and use. It could contain a section for parts replaced, another for procedures performed and an area for notes and reconditions by the Techs. A spot on it could be set aside for each of us to describe what the errors were and what we think the machine is doing right or wrong. And possible what we ourselves or with the help of a CW tech on the phone or in an email have already tried to do in solving an error, or possibly any repairs or replace a parts. Then when the machine is returned to us we can date it and we’ll have some record of what was done. We would then have the list for future reference if or when needed.
As I said just a thought.

Ken, that is an excellent idea. If we could talk one of our Forum buddies that is good with Adobe, or smiliar program into creating such a form - and then post it on the site for us to print:D , that would be great!

I got my Beta replacement in today and ran a test carve through - it worked flawlessly! The only thing that I am a little concerned about is the crank handle. On my Beta machine you would carve down until there was resistance, then the crank would "click out" and you could not go any tighter. The replacement machine does not do that - it will continue to crank down, even after it should be tight enough. I'm concerned that overtightening will somehow mess up the head alignment. Any thoughts?

pkunk
06-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I got my Beta replacement in today and ran a test carve through - it worked flawlessly! The only thing that I am a little concerned about is the crank handle. On my Beta machine you would carve down until there was resistance, then the crank would "click out" and you could not go any tighter. The replacement machine does not do that - it will continue to crank down, even after it should be tight enough. I'm concerned that overtightening will somehow mess up the head alignment. Any thoughts?
Bill, you need to lube the washers so that the clutches will ratchet. Do not crank it down too tight or gears will strip & belts will tear.

rjustice
06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Ken, that is an excellent idea. If we could talk one of our Forum buddies that is good with Adobe, or smiliar program into creating such a form - and then post it on the site for us to print:D , that would be great!

Also, check the pressure with the bathroom scales. 85-90 lbs max. That will tell you whether it is ratcheting properly after you lube it.

Ron

cajunpen
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Bill, you need to lube the washers so that the clutches will ratchet. Do not crank it down too tight or gears will strip & belts will tear.

Paul, are you talking about the washers under the crank handle? I think that I need to remove the crank (and watch out for the spring), then pull the washer forward to lube it - is that right?