PDA

View Full Version : Learning Corel thanks to Jon Jantz!

RC Woodworks
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Jon, thanks again for your Corel tutorials! I meesed around with my company logo and it came out ok. I had to auto trace it, I still have some trouble with manually doing it.

Plus as much detail in the logo I found it best to auto trace. tell me what you think? I will include the original and my final product.

Rick

leesheridan
06-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi Rick, your design looks great. How many hours do you have into it? I know with your painting ability the finished product will look outstanding.

Aaron B
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Is the thumbnail attached the final one after you fixed it on Corel?

Jon Jantz
06-06-2007, 11:45 AM
It's looking good!! I think you're on the right track for sure. One thing I would do is add a little bit of a bevel to the lettering or at least take the height down a ways... I'm afraid that would get pretty bad chipout the way it is at the moment. I have started making my lettering just tall enough to show up good on my designs, which seems to have helped the chipout problem also...

Later,
Jon

Matty
06-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Nice design, RC I had a okay with your image in Artcam and
Smoothed it out a little.

Looking forward to seeing the completed project

Matty

RC Woodworks
06-07-2007, 12:22 PM
It's looking good!! I think you're on the right track for sure. One thing I would do is add a little bit of a bevel to the lettering or at least take the height down a ways... I'm afraid that would get pretty bad chipout the way it is at the moment. I have started making my lettering just tall enough to show up good on my designs, which seems to have helped the chipout problem also...

Later,
Jon

Thanks Jon, I did the lettering in the CC designer. I am not through with it yet, but I have noticed letters too high have chipped. More so with script type.

Matty thank you too I like the improvement. I never thought about using my V Carve Pro like you did with Art Cam. I am still new with all the other programs. I bought Jon's tutorial and did everything except by auto trace. Still not good enough to do by hand.

Well I am off to a show if I have internet I will pop in if not be back next week! PS thank you too Mike for the kind words I get my new machine tomorrow and will send to texas for repair my first one

Rick