PDA

View Full Version : Project unreadable code 6 and code 9

Pslinter4
06-05-2007, 10:15 AM
As the title implies, I have a new machine, second one from sears with problems. The code 6 and 9 happen shortly after the machine starts carving. I know this has been menchend in other posts but no real information on correcting the problem was given. I suspect the problem may be poor electrical contact between the memory card and the machine or the flasher. When the card is installed in the machine I have to put it in and pull it out several times before turning it on or the machine will not enter the menu mode. In other posts I see many of you are replacing parts or sending the unit in for repairs multiple times. Is this machine realy worth it? The Tech Staff at Carvewright may be good and want to fix the problems but with this many problems I'm begining to think the manufacturer needs to do alot more work before this machine is ready for distribution.

Pslinter4
New user and not happy about this purchase

Jeff_Birt
06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
There have been a few people who have reported getting bad memory cards with symptoms such as yours, it will work in the programmer but not on the machine. Give CW a call, I'm sure they will send you out a new card. And, yes the machine is worth it.

eagle1
06-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Pslinter4,

Hang in there,, as Jeff said ".......And, yes the machine is worth it." I had problems with my machine when I first got it, had the same feelings, stayed with this forum and talked to CW tech support. I would not give it up now, she is a high maintenance lady, but all worth the headaches and trouble.

You made a great decision to purchase this machine.

Dean

beachman
06-05-2007, 07:41 PM
stay patient and it will pay off,the machine is well worth it

Jeff_Birt
06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
The plunging is a problem with the Z-encoder NOT the card. Give LHR a call they will send you a new Z-motor pack.

John Cehowski
06-11-2007, 10:40 AM
If occassionally (or all of the time) your machine does not come up to the menu, you may have the (one of the) same problems, I had. There were 4 thin black wires, that ran through the memory card slot plastic bracket, and would get pushed into the card slot with the card. I rerouted the wires and that problem was solved.