PDA

View Full Version : changing a board sensor

newcarver
05-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know how to change the board sensor on the mainn truck?

bladesmith
05-31-2007, 06:12 PM
NewCarver,

If you crank the head up, and reach in beneath the truck, you can feel / see two phillips head screws underneath. The board sensor is held in place by these screws. you will need a stubby phillips to remove them. then gently pull the board sensor down and out. There is a cable connected to it that you will need to unplug. Check that the wires are not hung up and out of their track in back of the truck. Installation of the new sensor is reverse. plug in , insert in truck, add screws. (not a bad idea to add a little Blue locktite on the screws)
good luck,

Bladesmith

Jeff_Birt
05-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Remove the two phillips screws holding it in place. Pull it down a bit and unplug the wire. Plug in the new sensor, push it carefully up in place and install the screws.

Bill
05-31-2007, 07:08 PM
I always fond it better to lay the machine on it's back and reach in through the open cover to R/R the sensor...much more easy to see what your doing.

pastime106
05-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Move the Z truck to the center of the machine. Place a mirror (6"x6" or what ever you might have laying around) on the belt drive. This will allow you to see what you are doing while removing the two screws and at the same time keep your scews/small pieces from falling between the belts if they should slip. Just a thought.

Tom

Digitalwoodshop
05-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Pull the wires too hard and they may get pinched between the plastic track cover and the Z head upper area or the other end of the cable. I did.... A month later the vibration caused the pinched wires to short to the Z and my Carve Machine took the BIG TRIP.... I think "I" was the cause of that problem... Thank You CarveWright for fixing it.

AL

Julie Coffey
05-31-2007, 09:19 PM
When your replacing it- did the tech ask which of the L shaped circuit boards you had? Apparently there is an updated version so they sent me one with my new board sensor and I was able to replace both of them with moral support from Bard on the phone in tech support.

I was very apprehensive about it at first but its not that hard, believe me if I can do it- anyone can.

Best of luck!

Julie