PDA

View Full Version : Sears Compucarve

oldjoe
05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
The compucarve is back in the Craftsman club flyer. And if you buy 3 or more of them they are only $1511.00 or something like that. That got me to thinking does anyone have more than one of these machines?
Course the have a deal on 3 or more table saws, radial arm saws, and other big tools as well.

RC Woodworks
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Joe, you beat me to it I just read that myself! I thought about buying another one, but I don't think the wife will go for it! Having so much trouble with 3 CC and she doesn't understand that the 4th one is almost trouble free. Not to mention just buying a Shopbot!

Maybe she won't notice!!! She won't in the shop, but will when she checks the bills! Which she does nightly, that what I get for having a wife with an accounting degree!

That would be a great deal for 3 people to go in together. A great deal for all the tools they offer this deal!

Rick

HerbO
05-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Just wondering if you receive the flyers in the mail
I signed up when I bought the CW in January and received my CC card but no flyers.

HerbO

oldjoe
05-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Herbo
Received it in the mail it took a couple of flyers after I receive my card before I started getting them. Usually they have extras in the store.
RC
Just put it under misc.expences maybe she will miss it. Or order 3 or them and tell her you are opening a sub distributership.

DDV
06-04-2007, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=oldjoe;24734]The compucarve is back in the Craftsman club flyer. And if you buy 3 or more of them they are only $1511.00 or something like that. That got me to thinking does anyone have more than one of these machines?
Course the have a deal on 3 or more table saws, radial arm saws, and other big tools as well.[/QUOTE

That answers a question I had about somebody doing a 3 machine deal on e-bay.

redlegchevy
06-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I just bought mine after watching and waiting for several months. I have subscribed to the sears emails and about every other month, they offer 20% off tool purchases over $399. They also do 10% and 15% off for other dollar amounts.

You have to watch the sales closely. They offer it as midnight to 6am online only sales. The bad part is you screw some poor sales associate out of what little commision sears gives them.

On April 11th I bought a planer for 20% off.
On May 25th I bought the CW for 20% off.

Just my little info.

oldjoe
06-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Congrats on the purchase when do you think you will get it? It only took a week or so to get mine. Is this your first CC

So as someone here says not sure who

"Happy Carving"

redlegchevy
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
I absolutely love it. I spent the first night in the manual before touching it. After my first 3 carvings, I figured out most of the stuff that they do not tell you in the manual by trial and error.
Luckily, I have been reading alot in this forum and it has been preventing further mistakes.

Thanks for building a great resource.

Ryan

Kenm810
06-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Ryan,

Welcome to the wood chippers
Be sure to post some photos of your projects
We love photos http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gifhttp://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gifhttp://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_surprised.gif

mtylerfl
06-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Hello Ryan,

Welcome! You've joined a great group here - helpful advice and assistance abounds if you ever need it!

eagle1
06-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the group. Any questions or need help ... just ask. And post your pictures, gives us all great ideas for our projects.

Dean
=====================================
I cut the board three times, and it was still too short .....

aseeley
06-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Well I called and ordered one(received it today). However I was told that it was 20% off any bench or power tool, so I got all the goodies I was dreaming about. not only that but they agreed to pay half of the shipping. I am not so sure that sears has the foggiest idea what they are doing, or they don't run a very detail oriented organization.
their loss, my gain.
Now If I can figure out the software so that my carvings are not so fuzzy. I hope to keep reading this forum and absorbing all this info...for that thanks...

alan

oldjoe
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of computer carving. And your right I don't think Sears is very orientated when it comes to know what they are doing. You can talk to two different stores and get different pricing.
As far as the fuzzies go not sure but when you upload your program onto the card are you picking best quality. Not sure if thats it but its a thought. There are a lot more experienced people here that are always willing to help.
Enjoy the new toy!:D

forqnc
06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
You can talk to two different stores and get different pricing.

A while back I was buying a miter saw, I went to the Sears near my work at lunch, they had it advertised for $579. On my way home from work I stopped at another Sears to pick it up, they wanted $619. I asked why the price difference between the stores and was told it is based on local pricing. ie if Lowes and Home Depot have there saw for $630 then Sears near them will undercut them a tad. I went to the first store and asked if they had any, "sure, my computer says 4". "Can you physically check before I pay". "Sure.....Oh I have none"
I asked him to check another sears, he called, they had them, so I asked there price $599. I told him I was only paying $579. Which is what I got it for. :D