PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jantz mystery solved!!!!

RC Woodworks
05-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Today my customer I made the sign with your awesome re-designed pattern called me today. He loved both of the signs especially how the SF crown came out. Plus the awesome street sign except 2 things... I misspelled Somos and Stowell was missing an "L"!

Remember I made another sign without changing anything on the flash card and it came out with 2 L's. I began to believe the gremlins theory! Where did it go??!!!

So I fixed my spelling error and painted the new sign and when I planned off the sign. I discovered where the missing "L" went! That side of the pattern is almost surface high. When I ran it through I realized one more pass and I would lose the last "L"!

That is what had to happen with it! I was busy doing a commercial sign along with this one I didn't even notice the "L" was gone!!! Then after sending the sign I uploaded the photos and discovered it was gone!!!

So thanks again for your help and mystery solved! By the way in your tutorials does it explain how you converted the photos to the pattern? If not will you make me one and let me know the price for it? It doesn't need to be a video, it can be in written form. Matter of fact I do better with written form. Either way I would like to know and buy the instructions from you!

Rick

Jon Jantz
05-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey, RC.. glad you figured out what the deal was, and that the customer liked the signs.

And the way I did the SF Crown would be very similar to the method in the 'Digitising a Logo' vid. The street sign pattern I just recreated drawing boxes, skewing them, etc. I have several more tutorials that need to have the final polish put on and be saved out and uploaded, but haven't got them done. I would like to do some written tutorials as well, but some of these would take a LONG time because of the multitude of steps to accomplish a task...

Anyway, gonna be gone all weekend again to another bro-in-laws wedding so maybe I'll finally have some time to do something when we get back from this....

Later! Jon

RC Woodworks
05-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks Jon, I will try again to buy your tutorial. When I try it dowloads it and I can't seem to buy it. Of course in the download I audio but no video. I am sure that is because it has not been purchased!

Have a good weekend! I will be busy getting ready for my next show. I am re finishing all my signs and replacing some by making them with the CC. Oh not to mention the wife and I need to get ready for new flooring in the house. Plus having the inside painted! Want to trade?

Rick