PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Designer 1.112

Old Cop
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I have had my machine since January and a week ago it went crazy cutting a project,carverd cross the lettering on to project and ripped the front traction belt.Sent it to the factory for repair and when I got it back started to do a carving and when it started to measure the wood it would hang up stop doing anything.I called the techs back and thy advised me to upgrade to 1.120 from 1.115.They said it should fix the problem. I did this and restarted the project and the bit started carving and then plunged down into the wood a quarter of an inch and then broke off.The machine left the shop again basck to the factory.My question is anyone having problems with either of these programs? Also after upgrading also got a Z axis stall reading. Also when the machine came back you had to push the keypad buttons 10 to 15 times to get the screen to read.I am new at this but was real happy with the way the machine worked untill the problems came up.

Jeff_Birt
05-30-2007, 10:37 PM
This sounds more like a Z-motor pack/encoder issue, not a firmware version problem. Most (all) of the problems reported after upgrading to 1.120 have been genuine problems with the machine. I think the phantom 'Check Cut Motor' mesage might be teh only true problem with 1.120, and its root cause has yet to be found.

pastime106
05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Sounds very much like you are in need of a Z-axis replacement. Been there, many of the things you had descibed have either happened to me or been posted about by others. The good news is that it is very easy to replace once the unot arrives.

Tom

Old Cop
05-31-2007, 06:24 AM
Thanks Jeff and Younger cop for their replies.Should I stay with 1.120 when I get the machine back or go back to 1.115?

Old Cop

Bill
05-31-2007, 07:35 AM
hello O.C.,
I would stay with the version 1.120 it's recommended by (LHR) when you talk to tech. support that is the way they check your machine with you and if you do not have it you will have to put it in anyway.

Hexe SA
05-31-2007, 12:23 PM
I have had my machine since January and a week ago it went crazy cutting a project,carverd cross the lettering on to project and ripped the front traction belt.Sent it to the factory for repair and when I got it back started to do a carving and when it started to measure the wood it would hang up stop doing anything.I called the techs back and thy advised me to upgrade to 1.120 from 1.115.They said it should fix the problem. I did this and restarted the project and the bit started carving and then plunged down into the wood a quarter of an inch and then broke off.The machine left the shop again basck to the factory.My question is anyone having problems with either of these programs? Also after upgrading also got a Z axis stall reading. Also when the machine came back you had to push the keypad buttons 10 to 15 times to get the screen to read.I am new at this but was real happy with the way the machine worked untill the problems came up.

I got my machine end of March and upgraded right away to 1.12. The bit plunge happened to me 3 weeks ago lucky I didn't break it. At that time I had the close cover issue and after pushing in the cable see (trouble shooting bit plate and cover removal) it went away but returned within 1 day. 10 - 15 times is not bad try about 100. Anyrate after a call to Tech. Service and the removal of a sensor strip on the z-axis head I have a great time and results. Call them and see if they removed the sensor strip for you when it was in for repair? If not ask if this is an option.
Eva