PDA

View Full Version : Adjustment screw for what??

BearlyRich
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I was trying to solve the stair stepping problem with my maching yesterday and while looking at the brass gear board sensor, I noticed a small adjustment screw. It's on the right side (with the clear cover), to the left (looking in) and towards the front. Same side and in front of that brass gear half way to the side opening. It has a white arrow on the screw and about a dozen set lines around the outside. It just got my curiosity up. It's obviously made to adjust something, mines off center, and I am curious as to what it may adjust? Anyone know??

As far as the stair stepping. I did do a search and read the other threads covering the problem. I still have to check the head pressure with a scale. Everything else seems fine. I had already adjusted the table on the right side for the correct height. And oddly enough, I could even see the impressions of that brass gear in the board I was cerving. Obviously was making good contact :) But this has happened only with one board so maybe the board was the problem? Unfortunately, it ruined two projects. I turned the board around and carved another at the other end. The board was always under the rollers. Both stair stepped when they were cut out. Also oddly, the carvings came out fine on both. Looks like I'm fortunate enough to experience all the fun of this machine :p

Another board for today...