PDA

View Full Version : #$%^&%$ Box

blanning
05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Could someone please share with me the magical secret needed to get the machine back in the box? When I place the styrofoam on the top of the machine, it's too high to close the box by about an inch. I've tried every possible combination and orientation imaginable. There's nothing underneath. Yes, i've disconnected the flex-shaft.

This post is profanity-free only after exercising great restraint.

brian

pkunk
05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
No secret- just perserverance. I don't really remember what it was I did that got it to fit. Did you take the crank handle off? I seem to recall that the cable was always a problem, but it will fit!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ropdoc
05-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Did you crank the head back down. That was what I had to do.

Dave

cajunpen
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
What a coindence - I am taking a break from FIGHTING THAT #@%@#$ piece of styrofoam, trying to get my CW in the box too. I decide to check the Forum and low and behold - the answer is like Divine Intervention! I'm going back right now to crank the head down - that has to be the problem. Dave you are a genius, and Paul, you ain't too bad yourself.

ruggybear
05-28-2007, 10:49 PM
You only need to remove the knob from the crank handle, not the entire handle. I sent mine back without the entire hande and it came back with a new handle minus the know.

Crank the head down and also check to make sure you have the machine positioned correctly in the bottom piece of styrofoam.

cajunpen
05-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Cranking down the head should be obvious - but I sure never even thought of it. Once I cranked it down the top went right on. Mine is making a one way trip to LHR and won't be coming back. I'm sending in my Beta and getting back one of the "new" refurbished machines. I sure hope it's one that is working and doesn't have all the problems I've been reading about. My beta machine had virtually no problems with it. Just no parts available for future needs.

Ropdoc
05-29-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm sending in my Beta and getting back one of the "new" refurbished machines.

Maybe it is wrong to ask....but how much are they charging for a refurbished machine, and where did you find it?

WOW, you mean I actually helped someone. I have recieved some ausome advice from this site but I didn't think that I would be able to give any advice. Oh yea, whos your daddy. Oops sorry got over whelmed there.

Dave

blanning
05-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Did you crank the head back down. That was what I had to do.

Dave

I didn't. I didn't take the knob off either, although after putting the styrofoam on the machine out of the box, I think I can get away with leaving it on. Thanks to everyone who posted.

brian

pkunk
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Maybe it is wrong to ask....but how much are they charging for a refurbished machine, and where did you find it?

WOW, you mean I actually helped someone. I have recieved some ausome advice from this site but I didn't think that I would be able to give any advice. Oh yea, whos your daddy. Oops sorry got over whelmed there.

Dave
The offer is only for the Beta owners.

Dan-Woodman
05-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Bill
Why are you sending your machine back now if you have no problem with it ?
Why not keep your machine until it quits,once your new one gets here you'll only have a 1 year warrenty.
You'll see some differences,most of the sencers are gone the head cranks easier, its quitier and I haven't had any trouble with mine except for the cut motor alarm that everyone seams to be getting.

cajunpen
05-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Dan, my original (Beta) machine was out of warranty and I just wasn't sure how long the window would be open for the $500 exchange. I'm not really happy about spending $500 on another machine, when mine was working. But I guess if you rationalize it out - it's not that bad of a deal. If my Beta were to break tomorrow - they claim that parts are scarce to non existent - then I don't know where we would go from there. IF they could fix it, I'm sure the parts and labor would be fairly expensive, then factor in the cost of shipping BOTH ways and I may be ahead of the game.

I don't know, maybe I jumped too soon, but it's done now - FedEx picks up the Beta tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

BobHill
05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Smart move, Bill. I also did the same thing and Tracking puts my machine "In Transit" between Tampa and Houston as we speak and is scheduled to get back to LHR tomorrow sometime.

Bob

pastime106
05-30-2007, 11:04 AM
machine was out of warranty and I just wasn't sure how long the window would be open for the $500 exchange.
Sounds like the smart thing to do to me. Most of our machines "next generation" seem to be running pretty good. $500.00 is a bit much, but when you consider what some of these parts are going to cost when we are all out of warranty. Right now if it breaks, you return it or they send you a part free of charge (or close to it)
I think you will enjoy your new machine and the comfort of knowing that you will still be able to get parts for it.
Unlike the Beta. I like you attitude and would have to agree with you. Smart, very smart!

Tom

cajunpen
05-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks Bob and Tom - I feel confident that I made the right decision. I'm anxious to see the difference between the new machine and my beta - hopefully the improvements will be noticeable. Also, just for general information, I spoke to Heather yesterday (at LHR) and she advised me that I should keep the data card, card reader, bits AND the crank handle - she said that they do send these items out with the new machines. So Bob, if you did not retain these items you might want to call them now and avoid the dissapointment when your new machine arrives.

Dennis Perry
05-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey Bill, I think your signature line says it all. It may not be good to throw more good money after a bad purchase to start with, who knows we're in the same boat. My bata machine replacement was no better than the first 5 hours and back to Texas. My freinds bata replacement machine(last week) newer hit a lick out of the box, broke 2 bits Z axis plunge. I guess we will see were this story goes in time. I was a little surprised we are labled bata testers, did not know this when we purchased over a year ago. Bata testers are typically supplied a product at no charge, their use of the machine and feed back is to improve the product.

Dennis

BobHill
05-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks, Dennis,

Indeed I did hear that one should keep everything like that and not send it back. In fact, I apparently kept the whole crank, not just the handle, so I'll have to send back the arm, I guess once mine gets here. I did make sure that the head quick release check (not the bit holder) does come with the new one, so I did leave that on my Beta machine to go back.

Bob

Bill
05-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Just to Clarify how to pack the machine back in the box and what goes
along with the machine I am attaching the PDF file that was sent to me
by LHR along with there repair form for you all to view.

You can also print out the file for your use.

Click here to view (http://www.wrw1.com/Customer%20RA%20Form%20(Fillable).pdf)

BobHill
05-30-2007, 05:29 PM
In some cases, the bottom foam gets to be pretty broken up from going back and forth. Thank God for duck tape and the like :)

Bob