PDA

View Full Version : CC going back to Sears

ljdm
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Damn........just read the post about the 20% off sale. I knew I needed to order another CC, but didn't get to it until 10am. I still got 10% off, the other 10% would have been nice though.

Didn't want to wait for the whole exchange process (still under Sears 90 day warranty), so I ordered another CC, and will ship my old one back to Sears (they pay for shipping). Flexshaft was getting hot, but I noticed the part between the flex-shaft and the chuck - don't know the proper name - was getting REALLY hot - too hot to even touch. Was a lot noisier too, seemed to have more vibration. Got a feeling the bearings are going to give up really soon. So hopefully it will last until my new one arrives, June 10th. Couldn't get it any sooner.

Oh well.......gives me another 90 day warrantied machine. Hmmmm, wonder if I keep returning every 80 or so days they'll catch on? Nah............. too much trouble to keep packing it up, bringing it to UPS, etc. Interesting thought just the same.
Guess I'll have to wear earplugs, so the noise of the bearings dying doesn't get to me, and make me want to put it out of its misery. Nope. Gonna cross my fingers and carve, let it cool, carve, let it cool, etc until the 10th of June.

rjp736
05-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Just remember, if you exchange your machine you have to give the new serial number to CW. I learned the hard way.

ljdm
05-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Hmmm.......didn't know I gave them the serial number of the first CC. Not that I remember anyway. Any reason they need the number?
Difference might be - I didn't do an exchange. First one is going back as a return. Second one is a new purchase, new Sears 90 day warranty, and new 1 yr / 200 hr CW warranty.

rjp736
05-25-2007, 11:26 AM
When you registered your software you had to input the serial number. All I know is that I got a stern lecture about not telling them I had a different machine then they had on record.