PDA

View Full Version : Sears Sales

rpringle
05-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Dirtydan posted information on a Sears sale which lasted on
5/25/7 0000 to 0600.
My first look on the Sears site indicated that it he was wrong.
After some expermiting with various options, I found the sale
which Dan called to our attention.
I used it and ordered the Probe, bit set and the chuck set.
I saved around $60.00 "much appriciated".

The point of this note is that if we help to keep others up to date on
sales we will all save money.

If Dan had not taken the time to post the sale I would not have
purchased the probe which would have been a loss to both Sears
and me for the savings.

BobHill
05-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Actually, the Sears sale also included the CompuCarve (their price $1899), which would have been worth 20% savings of $379.80 to make price $1519.20 plus tax. A very nice deal, albeit that the sale had to be ordered online between Midnight and 6am this morning. They said it was available for store pickup, however (what stores, supposedly were listed, if you did a search). If you are on the Sears/Craftsman club list, you got the sales notice. I should have posted that notice here yesterday. Bad me!

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

myersbear
07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Looks like sears has 15% off tools if you spend over $350.

myersbear
07-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Sorry thats ON LINE only. New at this.

mtylerfl
07-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Actually, the Sears sale also included the CompuCarve (their price $1899), which would have been worth 20% savings of $379.80 to make price $1519.20 plus tax. A very nice deal, albeit that the sale had to be ordered online between Midnight and 6am this morning. They said it was available for store pickup, however (what stores, supposedly were listed, if you did a search). If you are on the Sears/Craftsman club list, you got the sales notice. I should have posted that notice here yesterday. Bad me!

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Hello Bob,

I'm a Craftsman Club Member but I don't seem to be getting the alerts for the sales like you do, even though I've signed up for them. What's your secret?http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

BobHill
07-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Michael,
If one is handy, go to your local Sears hardware dept. and talk to one of the older people there (they are more likely to be personally involved with the Craftsman club). Ask him to send in your request for the notice. They do have forms for that.

I just got my July notce and members sale magazine yesterday as a matter of fact. The dates for the Craftsman Club sale is July 22 to July 28.

The OLD club policy was to have 10% off ALL hardware and tools (or at least the tools) during the "Club Days", but now it's only items selected in the Club monthly magazine. This issue gives a lot more or their larger tools being under Club sale. One of the items is the COMPUCARVE being one of ALL Bench and Stationary Power Tools with 10% off price. Member price is $1709.99. In stores that don't stock them, it's a Special Order item #21754 (reg $1899.99).

Also, for those that might like to have a way to measure the temperature of your cable at any time. On Craftsman Club sale at Sears (Jul 22-Jul 28) is their Craftsman Infrared Thermometer, which measures surface temperatures of anything. Part #50466 for $49.99 (reg price $79.99).

Bob

Kenm810
07-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Bob, Thanks for the heads up on the Infrared Thermometer
I haven't received my July Craftsman club sales magazine yet,
my old IF thermometer accidentally got tosted. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

BobHill
07-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Since July 22nd is also the beginning of our vacation (a week at the beach), I guess I'll have to buy my infrared thermometer at full price, to be sure that I have one.
Bob

Kenm810
07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Bob,

Do you have to buy the infrared thermometer in the store to get the discount or could you order it on line or buy phone while your at the beach, and sent to the store avoiding the shipping charges, then pick it up later when you get back. Or buy it now at full price and ask if you can use their price protection later to get the discount. Just a thought

ps. I even used my son in law once with my member card to pick up some craftsmen club discounted wrenchs while I was out of town

rjustice
07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Bob, Hold up on purchasing the IR thermometer.

If you are interested I am selling these for $35 without the laser pointer, or $45 with the laser pointer.

For those who dont know what we are talking about, these are "no touch" thermometers that you simply aim at the item you want to check the temp of, push the button, and it will feedback the temp to you on the LCD screen. They work very nicely on checking the temp of your flex cable at any point, as well as the spindle temp, which will let you know if you are about to nuke the bearings. Other uses, maybe not so necessary, would be to check the cutter temp as it is cutting, to know how much heat is being generated... The hotter the tool, the duller it is getting if it is cutting the same material.
Another use for me was to check around doors, windows, walls, floors, and ceilings, in the house in the winter to see where i might improve on insulation, or weatherstripping. It worked really cool for that. I'm sure there are a thousand other uses, but thats some of the ways i use mine.

I really am trying to get a website going to show everyone what my items are, but i have been too busy making stuff to get the darn thing going.

If you are interested drop me an email, or PM

cw_parts@yahoo.com

Thanks

Ron

BobHill
07-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Ken,
Yes if you are a member of the Craftsman Club, you can order and identify your membership number OnLine. You also can order by phone: 1-800-377-7414. And, bye the way I'm not in th employ of Sears, nor have I ever been, nor has anyone in my family. I guess a disclaimer comes into play .. The only product(s) that I do and have endorsed that I've ever had anything to officially do with, is Adobe ... whose products I still endorse, but also say that of CorelDraw and Xara, which I've also never worked for, but regularly boost their products. <g>.
Bob