PDA

View Full Version : Second Machine

michaelfrat
05-25-2007, 02:05 AM
HEY HEY HEY!
Got the new machine last week end, IT WORKS IT WORKS YIPPEEE!
OK now the horror story..
Bought one from sears,
Nothing worked from the get go..
Kept stopping, asking me to close the door when it was closed.
Read all the things to try, nothing worked.
as a matter of fact, Failed completely would even carve firts time out of the box with a Z axsis failure.
Got 2 e-mails from cust service, but then I decided, 2 grand (cash) was a bit much to have to fix anything right out of the box so I returned the machine and got the $$ back....Ordered another one from a different sears (just cause I happened to be near that one) it came in and Viola! everything APPEARS to be functioning just fine. Motors even sound better, and the exhaust port is actually forcing out air! the other one did not.
SO... I'm grateful that I got a good one....
Looking forward to working on some projects soon..
YAY!

Dirtydan
05-25-2007, 02:19 AM
Well, we wish you the best of luck Mike... I've been real lucky so far...that's not to say I haven't had a few problems, but nothing major... Most were most likely caused by the operator....ME!

Keep the faith...:cool:

Semper Fi
05-25-2007, 05:24 AM
Yep..... good luck, Mike! I had quite a few problems during my initial phase, but since getting my machine back from CW, it has performed flawlessly. The only time I've had problems was when I got lazy and didn't keep it clean between carvings. We know about keeping the equipment clean, right Dan? :)

Ernie

Dirtydan
05-25-2007, 11:31 AM
The only time I've had problems was when I got lazy and didn't keep it clean between carvings. We know about keeping the equipment clean, right Dan? :)

Ernie

You got the right Ernie. I do a 85% clean-up everytime I do a Bit change and then a 100%+ when the job is done. Also, don't for get to keep the bits and bit adapters clean. A brass brush works great on the bits, bit adapters and the sanding belts (lightly bursh off any particals that stick to it). A little 4 in 1 oil on the QRC (one drop at each flat) after clean-up will save a lot of @#%* during bit changes later... :D