PDA

View Full Version : Help with Upgrading - please!

maddog26
05-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey,
I got a flier from Sears about CompuCarve / Carvewright. On it, it listed that the machine comes with a "starter software package". I bought mine a couple of months ago and have been playing around with it. I've made a couple of nice things, but overall I'm not satisfied with the software. On the flier I picked up, it said there is a "Premium Software Package" available. Where do I find this? I've been looking everywhere. What I am missing? Help!!!!!

Jeff_Birt
05-24-2007, 04:03 PM
The short answer is: it's not available yet. There has been a LOT of chatter on the forum about this very subject, much of it speculation and rumer about what will be included in the 'Prefessional' version of the software. Do a quick search on the forum and you'll find lots of reading material (no sense in rehasing it again).

But, I'm most curious about what you find lacking in the standard version of Designer. I work with all sorts of high-end CAD/CAM software at work and don't think you can beat Designer for ease of use and bang for the buck. Granted it could stand to be improved in several areas, but that is the nature of software.

benluz
05-24-2007, 06:00 PM
The short answer is: it's not available yet. There has been a LOT of chatter on the forum about this very subject, much of it speculation and rumer about what will be included in the 'Prefessional' version of the software. Do a quick search on the forum and you'll find lots of reading material (no sense in rehasing it again).

But, I'm most curious about what you find lacking in the standard version of Designer. I work with all sorts of high-end CAD/CAM software at work and don't think you can beat Designer for ease of use and bang for the buck. Granted it couls stand to be inproved in several areas, but that is teh nature of software.

Darn Bob....I have to agree with you again.
Ben

RC Woodworks
05-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Ben, I too agree!!! Especially since I am learning a new software for a non CW product. I really like the user friendly designer in the CC. I just wish I could use the software I bought from James Booth with the CC.

I hope the upgrade will allow the use of other software!

Rick

maddog26
05-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Seen your work great job.I'm trying to do the same thing.Is there a way to make a more 3d look out of a 2d drawing?