PDA

View Full Version : Some things I've finished recently...

Jeff_Birt
05-24-2007, 12:43 PM
I've been trying to get some pictures up of things I have finished recently, since the file size is limited here I have added them to the Gallery over at allcw.com and will try to link them here, my full gallery is here. (http://www.allcw.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=252)

I'll add some more pictures as I get them finished and pictures taken.

EDIT: OK, my first attempt at embedding the image itseld did not work so I used the normal attachment method. You can follow the link above and view a higher resolution version from the gallery.

EDIT#2: Figured it out, I copied the original URL and got a smaller one from TinyURL and it seemd to work fine now. The rest of the photos are in the gallery linked above.

This sign is the logo of a local cabinet shop I have bought wood from in the past, the business name inspired me to figure out how to make the tree bark texture to make the sign look like it was cut from a log. The wood is white oak the center section is finished in Danish oil, the bark is an Olympic gel stain and the rest is acrylic craft paint.

http://tinyurl.com/28bxxd

pastime106
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
I just tok a look at your gallery! Wow! Good Stuff there! The carving of the indians are out of this world. Hats off to you!
Tom

mtylerfl
05-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Hello Jeff,

Very, very nice!

Dirtydan
05-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I need two patterns like yesterday...

Anyone know where I can get a real good patterns of
- Waving USA Flag
- Apple (With Stem and Leaves would be nice) :)

I've looked at Vector Art 3D, Carvebuddy and AllCW sites... :(

Any other sites you can think of would be most appreciated.

Jeff_Birt
05-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Dan, I can help you with the apple. I have a free tutorial at http://allcw.com/Projects.html, which is an apple shaped box. The apple pattern is included as part of the download. There is also a picture of the finsihed box (to give you a better idea of what the apple looks like) in my gallery.

Dirtydan
05-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Dan, I can help you with the apple. I have a free tutorial at http://allcw.com/Projects.html, which is an apple shaped box. The apple pattern is included as part of the download. There is also a picture of the finsihed box (to give you a better idea of what the apple looks like) in my gallery.

Thanks Jeff.... :D I thought we looked at everything on AllCW, but I guess we missed that one...:mad:

Dirtydan
05-24-2007, 06:49 PM
:D Thanks again Jeff

I had created a Flag and Apple .png files, but your apple works much better than my basic 2D one... See Before and After Attached.

DocWheeler
05-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Jeff,
That is some beautiful work!

mtylerfl
05-24-2007, 10:47 PM
I need two patterns like yesterday...

Anyone know where I can get a real good patterns of
- Waving USA Flag
- Apple (With Stem and Leaves would be nice) :)

I've looked at Vector Art 3D, Carvebuddy and AllCW sites... :(

Any other sites you can think of would be most appreciated.

Hello Dirtydan,

We do have a really nice apple (deep relief) with stem and 3 leaves. I'll make sure it gets posted at our website by tomorrow afternoon in the "Fruit" section.

Dirtydan
05-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello Dirtydan,

We do have a really nice apple (deep relief) with stem and 3 leaves. I'll make sure it gets posted at our website by tomorrow afternoon in the "Fruit" section.

Thanks everyone and Mike...

My wife asked me to make a carving for a teacher friend of her's that is retireing this year... That's why I wanted the Apple... (Teachers Pet) LOL.

Still looking for a Flag. You would think there would be a ton of them out there, but no luck so far...

I'll check you site out tomorrow Michael, thanks again...:D

Jon Jantz
05-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Pastime106, Jeff has those Indian patterns for sale over at my website... the patterns are very smooth and even though I haven't carved them yet myself, I can tell by looking that they will carve very very nicely...

If anyone is interested in them, here's the link to a few of Jeff's patterns..

http://www.allcw.com/Jeff%20Birt's%20Southwestern%20Patterns.html

((Jeff, I'm going to modify the URLs so they don't have the spaces in them... when I have some SPARE time, hehe)

BobHill
05-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Excellent work, guys. And I'd guess it'll be a very popular set of items.

Bob

Dirtydan
05-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks Michael,

See attached... These are close... If the wind ever kicks up, I'll take a picture of our flag and then clean it up... Maybe that will work.

The graphics I've found are not correct... They all seem to have their own take on how many stripes, where those stripes are and how many stars and how they are configured.

For those who are interested or have forgotten:

The Blue Field has 50 stars: 6 rows of 5 and 5 rows of 4.
Across from the Blue Field are 7 Strips: 4 Red and 3 White.
Below the Blue Field there are 6 Strips: 3 White and 3 Red.
There's a total of 13 Strips: Red,White,Red,White,Red,White,Red,White,Red, White, Red, White, and Red.

mtylerfl
05-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi Dirtydan,

I think we got ours correct:D - the curl/fold of the flag covers the last two rows of stars.

I posted the pattern in the Pattern Sharing depot

Dirtydan
05-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Ok, I'm getting close to my deadline. My little teacher project has to be done by Sunday night... I mean finished - sanded, stained and clear coat... I've got my options to date attached below...

Voting Flag - Right or Left, Apple - Right or Left... I'm thinking Left, Left.. Unless I get some other patterns... It's almost time to start carving.... Ideas!!!!!!

Thank Michael, I download the apple pattern..

Gary
05-29-2007, 12:38 AM
The American flag has 5 rows of 6 stars and 4 rows of 5 stars.

Happy carving,

Gary

Dirtydan
05-29-2007, 02:51 AM
The American flag has 5 rows of 6 stars and 4 rows of 5 stars.

Happy carving,

Gary

Thanks Gary... Seem like I reversed things a little... Huh???:confused: