PDA

View Full Version : New user help

JimMuncy
05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I am brand new hear as I am looking at buying a CarveWright machine. The feedback looks good but I was wondering if anyone is using this machine to make wooden gear clocks. That would be my main reason to purchase as I want to be able to cut out the gear teeth. I will take any feedback and thank you for your help.
I also have written a spreadsheet that plots and draws the gears if anyone is interested.

Bill
05-23-2007, 06:10 PM
There has been a few threads reguarding wood gears if you do a search for (wood gears) you will find a few.

Here is a link to one of them.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1664&highlight=wood+gears

meat
05-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I am brand new hear as I am looking at buying a CarveWright machine. The feedback looks good but I was wondering if anyone is using this machine to make wooden gear clocks. That would be my main reason to purchase as I want to be able to cut out the gear teeth. I will take any feedback and thank you for your help.
I also have written a spreadsheet that plots and draws the gears if anyone is interested.

Yep. Put together a few clocks.

I originally got the machine specifically to cut out ribs and parts for a P-38 replica I'm building, and it's been great at doing everything I've asked of it.

Your pal,
Meat.