PDA

View Full Version : Doc Holliday

benluz
05-23-2007, 05:38 PM
With the reminder of John Wayne's birth day is another character from the old west come to mind "Doc Holliday .I used Val Kilmer instead of the real image of the man,some of us may remember the outrageous Doc from the movie Tombstone.
Ben oops....image did not upload ..........Darn !

BobHill
05-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Ben,

I do believe that Val Kilmer played the "Doc" better than any other portrayal ever. Fantastic job. What photo of him were you going to upload for use in Designer? How would you make it; in wood or plastic?

Bob

benluz
05-24-2007, 09:12 AM
What is the max file size I can upload?
okay it worked ,my carving is actually more elaborate than this I removed several items that were copyrighted to comply with the forum.

BobHill
05-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Ben,

You should never have a problem uploading a MPC file as long as it's size will actually fit physically into the machine (and you CAN make designs that won't fit, which could exceed any upload limit).

Bob

benluz
05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Ben,

You should never have a problem uploading a MPC file as long as it's size will actually fit physically into the machine (and you CAN make designs that won't fit, which could exceed any upload limit).

Bob

Okay...I think I just forgot to click upload the first time, then I happened to think that the forum might have size restriction..
Ben

BobHill
05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Ben,

Since Designer really makes project MPCs into a really conpressed file, those should never be a problem to upload. There are limited formats that the Forum will allow MPCs, JPGs, GIFs and the like. Large files I believe are limited to 1mb, but since the above are all comprees in file state, that's seldom a problem in exceeding the limit.

Bob

benluz
05-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Ben,

I do believe that Val Kilmer played the "Doc" better than any other portrayal ever. Fantastic job. What photo of him were you going to upload for use in Designer? How would you make it; in wood or plastic?

Bob

Bob ,I agree the the scene where doc is in bed before Wyatt is to meet ringo and Wyatt ask if he can beat him and Doc says "no",Then when Ringo says.Well....I didn't think you had in ya.....and oot of the blue ..."I'm your Huckleberry." and there was Doc insted of Wyatt ...That was cool and I'm yout Huckleberry..which at the time was a little known slang that meant :I'm the man for the Job" or "I'm your man".It doesn't get any better than that in a western
Ben

RC Woodworks
05-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Good movie Ben, one of the few movies I bought to watch over and over. Couple things that was incorrect, historically.( CarveWright!) One the bandanas and Wyatt Earp carrying Colt peace maker. He carried a S/W and mentioned he liked the Peace Maker.

But cool pattern for the CARVEWRIGHT!

Rick

benluz
05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Good movie Ben, one of the few movies I bought to watch over and over. Couple things that was incorrect, historically.( CarveWright!) One the bandanas and Wyatt Earp carrying Colt peace maker. He carried a S/W and mentioned he liked the Peace Maker.

But cool pattern for the CARVEWRIGHT!

Rick

yes ...a lot of inaccuracies in the movie...there is a web site that points them all out....but still some good writing and acting as well....Val Klimer stole the show as Doc !
Ben