PDA

View Full Version : Husky

benluz
05-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Hello,Does anyone have a good carving of a Siberian Husky they would be willing to to share...... non copyrighted of course or buy if it is.
Ben

Hawg_man
05-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Ben
Here is a head carving of my Husky I did that passed away in 1995..........don't know if this will help but you may use as desired.

Bob

benluz
05-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks Bob,this is for my nephew who's husky also passed last year.My redbone hound slipped out one morning when my wife was going to work and my 10 year old son was off that day, well we heard a yelp, our neighbors had just gotten 2 bloodhounds ,well when I heard the yelp I saw a red dog along their fence(thinking it was their dog I was rescuing and ran out of the house to help to my shock it was my redbone hound sitting there in pain.I snatched her up ,put her in the truck and my son and I rushed to the vet ion the shoulder of the road the whole time.She was there for 12 days.To make a long story shorter ,she ended up having one rear leg amputated and the truck did so much damage that parts of her rear legs we thought were fine,all the skin died and fell off leaving bare flesh that had to granulate over then skin slowly grew over it.It has been a year now and she gets along very good on three legs and lives a normal life...she was lucky and the yard is now fenced in.
Thank you,
Ben

Hawg_man
05-24-2007, 05:26 AM
You're welcome Ben...........great recovery story..........I decided to carve one of my current dog which is a Boykin Spaniel while he is still with us and am also going to do it as a lithophane later. I've had 2 other people who saw mine and as it turns out they ordered carvings of their pets and now have 3 more to make for other customers......my hobby has turned into a little cash flow and now am able to order the probe which I am looking forward to using.

Bob

"just because you can...........Doesn't mean you should"

BobHill
05-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Our pets certainly become part of our "families". Who amongst us didn't have a pet of some kind as a kid and still remember it/them even now and after all the pets since then? Great subjects to make carvings of, to be sure.

Bob

Gman_Ind
05-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Good point Bob, Pets and kids. isn't that what most people end up filling up the new digital camera memory with?
Now we are filling the CW flash card with this type of carvings.
Same thing, only different. ;)