PDA

View Full Version : support problem

newcarver
05-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Just got my machine back from cw after having sent it in due to a crack in the housing just below the tensioner screw at the top back of the main truck. It came back the same way and when i started a project the first thing to happen is a z-axis stall. I do not know what to think at this point as i can't even take it back for a refund. I have upgraded to 1.120, wich i don't like for many reasons, slow board measure, stalls, power fluctuation errors, and a host of other issues. Now if i send it back again, i'll be looking at a month down time. I have no words to explain what is running through my brain at this point. They said they tested it before it was sent back. I wonder. This is not a complaining thread, I do have the right to wonder if this was a horrible investment at this point...

RC Woodworks
05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Wow, I am surprised and sorry to hear about the problem. I wish I could suggest something besides talking to Chris Rawls. He is a Tech supervisor, maybe he can get your machine back to you sooner.

I agree there seems to be more problems with the 1.120 software. But there is some good. You can always roll back to an earlier version like some have.

I wish they would give a list of the things they repaired like a lot of companies do. Well I hope that helped and don't give up until you talk to someone at CW

Rick

rjp736
05-21-2007, 08:56 PM
RC,

I agree with you. They should list the problems that they fixed. Got my machine back today and have NO idea what was done to it. I e-mailed Chris Cupp to find out what was done but he never responded. I'll fire it up in the AM and hope it runs with no problems.

newcarver
05-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I now get clear board sensor and edge detection failure all the time. The support team has not responded in 4 days. Sounds like its time to get a new machine to me. They tell me the crack in the housing below the tensioner screw is nothing to worry about, I'm worried! I had to upgrade to 1.120 as i stated earlier, terrible. The slow board feed on the return measure is ridiculus. After recieving my machine for cw after the repair, I had to plug in a cable securely to get it to run at all. The other errors are minor, but annoying. I can see why they DO NOT offer a 5 year warrenty yet.
I will say the support staff has done a good job at trying to be helpful. Out of the months i've had the machine, 50% of the time it has been down for some reason or another. Most of the issues have been minor, until now. I would realy like to carve alot of things, just having bad luck. I do have about 100 hours on this machine, if you subtract the times it did not complete or ruin a project, it would be about 50 hrs.

Gman_Ind
05-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Check with a mirror the board sensor, also go through the options menu and go through the check sensor menu. I get nice high values from the board sensor (150 with maple) I read 90 and above is good enough to carve.
I find the folks at CW very helpful but busy. I sent my #2 machine in for repair and I included a 'punch list' of issues I wanted them to address, I hope they check them off as they go through the machine. I was advised to include a written list with the machine to be sure they check the issues I was having.

liquidguitars
05-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I agree there seems to be more problems with the 1.120 software

RC,
I have been working with 1.120 since it came out and it is stable on my unit. If your not sure about your CW, it's prob not the software but a user issue.

LG

liquidguitars
05-30-2007, 11:12 AM
The slow board feed on the return measure is ridiculus.

if it is verry very slow you will need to unplug the CW to reboot the unit.
clean your rollers and remove any dirt under the board sensor window.

LG

forqnc
05-30-2007, 11:30 AM
The support team has not responded in 4 days.

Just a side mention, when I called Tech Support from work, it seems I never get through, but the first time I was able to call from home, I got through. I was just wondering, because Chris had all my info in front of him from my phone number, if the phone number on their records is recognized and is directed differently. ?

Gman_Ind
05-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I never asked them but Iknow that there is call center software that uses called ID and then opens the customers data in a window automatically for the employee. This software has been around since late 1990's