PDA

View Full Version : Oval picture frames

Dan-Woodman
05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Here is a couple of picture frames I just finished . The picture is kind of dark.
The carvings are from designer.

I'm new at this computor thing, so I'm still working on loading the pictures.
Everthing goes good until I click upload, then the green bar moves across but no picture after that.

Jon Jantz
05-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Dan, the picture is so dark I can't even see it....

Dan-Woodman
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks Jon
I'm a woodworker , not a computor operator. I'm still trying to figure this thing out.

Azbear
05-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Dan-Woodman

Maybe my shades are a bit too dark, but I'm just not seeing what you are speaking of.

Dan-Woodman
05-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I think I may need to resize it ,but that'll be after I learn what a computor does.
I guess you'll just have to trust me ,I do make projects once in a while,
but I should have known better than to try to post something.
Oh well back to the carving machine.
Later Daniel

Jon Jantz
05-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Sorry Dan! Wasn't trying to be sarcastic.. just thought you forgot to attach the picture... tell you what, you can try it over at my forum (I have my pic sizes set higher than they allow here) and I'll grab the pic and see what the deal is.... and try to post it here for you.

Or email it to me at my email address and I'll take a look at it and see why it isn't posting. If it's a size issue, we'll find out an easy way for you to resize your pics so they will post here.... I, for one, would love to see pics of your different projects.

Later, Jon

Azbear
05-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Same here Dan. Just didn't see the picture. Please don't give up.

Dan-Woodman
05-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all the support.

Charles M
05-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Wow, tough crowd around here! Dan, if you want you can email me the pics and I'll be happy to post them to this thread.

Dan-Woodman
05-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I can take the abuse, lol bring it on . Its just these stupid computors that won't do what I think they should. If computors are so smart why don't they know what I'm thinking.

swhitney
05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Amen ---

To screw things up is human, but to really &^%$&^ things up requires a computer.....

Dan-Woodman
05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Well Jon & Charles. I'm still trying. Both of your private E-Mails are locked out and when I go to the PM's then to attachments it brings up all the projects that I have posted before but not the Oval Picture Frames.

I open for all comments and suggestions good or bad . I love a good laugh, we sould all laugh more.

Gman_Ind
05-21-2007, 06:12 PM
I posted this in another (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3497&highlight=image+resize) thread the Microsoft Image resize tool (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)
it works real easy right click on picture then choose resize then select 800x600 it saves a copy then post the resized copy.

Charles M
05-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Dan,

I didn't realize that I had my profile set to not receive emails. It is changed now if you want to try again.

Jon Jantz
05-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Yes, thanks for bringing that to my attention as well... I didn't realize that my email was private either. Got it fixed now. Maybe it happened when the forum changed formats....

Dan-Woodman
05-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks Gman
When I right clicked all I could come close to was --e-mail receipiant-
when I clicked on that it was saying it would resize automatically for e-mail. So I did that and I e-mailed Jon.
Thank you all sooo-much for all your help.

Jon ---Did you get my e-mail?

Gman_Ind
06-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Still looking for the pictures...

Dan-Woodman
06-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry Gman
I just tried you e-mail you and it says you have requested not to recieve e-mails, then Itried PM with attachments and all I get is my work from before that has been posted my me .

The pictures of my Oval picture was posted at allcw .com in gallery. since they don't require computor knolledge on how to resize pictures .

This ol" country boy hasen't learned these new fangeled buttons yet.

later Daniel

rjustice
06-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Dan,
I had a little too much fun trying to figure out this problem myself, and the pitty is that i work with computers every day for a living. What i discovered to give me the best pictures on the post was simply reducing the resolution on my camera. I went down to the lowest setting which was 640x480 and now the pictures are around 29K and will upload to the forum without messing with them.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Dan-Woodman
06-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks Ron
Thats a good idea, that might mess with my wifes printed pictures thou.

rjustice
06-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Thats true... you have to remember to change it back to the previous setting if you change it, otherwise your printed pictures would look pretty grainy... (if momma's not happy, nobody's happy!!) been there done that ! ;)

Ron

Dan-Woodman
06-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Lets try this one more time.
WOW , I can't believe I did it , I acually resized a picture.
These are pretty dark, but the one on the right is a front shot, carve on top and bottom.
The one on left is showing the back 8 x 10 carved region for recangle picture.

You can probably see them better at allcw.com