PDA

View Full Version : Back from my big adventure

RC Woodworks
05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I am back from my ShopBot training in the California Bay area. The funny thing I found myself lost at times. I have not received my SB, so I really didn't follow. I found myself in the CW designer! I really appreciate how user friendly the CW designer is.

We can set the cutting tool path and select different bits and the CC will put them in the correct order. When I get the SB I will have quite a few more steps to take before carving. But the SB will be able to do more. That doesn't mean I am retiring CC!

I hope the new software will allow us to use other carving programs. I bought from James Booth V carve Pro and Photo V Carve. The Photo V Carve will allow me to carve incredible photo carvings. With the V Carve Pro I will be able to carve all font in centerline or vector cuts. Plus patterns in true 3D.

I also met Ted Hall the man who started SB. I told him I owned a CC and asked him if he looked at CW software. He replied, no so I offered to so him on my laptop. But he told me he was too distracted to appreciate it. He did tell me this summer on their smaller unit, they planned to add a roller system like the CC. So he has looked more then he has led on!!

Well tomorrow I am going to replace my cut motor so I hope it stops the check cut motor. I look forward to the new CW software and hope it is compatible with other programs. My friend James Booth offers some great programs.

Maybe one day CarveWright will hold a Jamboree and we can all meet each other. I think that would be good!!! :)

Rick

Azbear
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Perhaps the jamboree could be held in Phoenix this winter. Weather is perfect and it may bring out the beginners as well as the well seasoned carvers. I wouldn't mind meeting the forum carvers in person.

RC Woodworks
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes I have been in Phoenix in November and it was nice. All we need is to have CarveWright to participate. Otherwise it wouldn't a jamboree without them!

Rick

cajunpen
05-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome back Rick - just sent you a PM. You are going to get too smart for us with all that training.

Wonder if CW would be interested in hosting a "get together" at their facilities? They certainly would have all the machines and "experts" we would need. Might have to look into that.

RC Woodworks
05-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks Bill, no everyone I was not banned again!!! I have been a good boy, well in here! Yes that would be nice, I wish I messed with the SB software before attending the jamboree. I would have been able to follow along better!

Yes I got your PM did you get the package?

Rick