PDA

View Full Version : board detection

Herb
05-19-2007, 05:06 PM
bit drive, carrier for board detector "homes" to far to the side to detect board when loaded????? any easy fixes????

pkunk
05-19-2007, 05:51 PM
I think you need to explain better. What I read sounds normal.:confused:

pamjmayo
05-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I got my new machine today and got it set up. First thing it does after homing is "board sensor error". I checked the run time and it was 20 minutes so it obviously was checked out. Since it's brand new clean, any ideas why it would do this. I blew out the sensor just in case but it didn't do anything.

pkunk
05-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Page 41 of your manual runs through the checks.

pamjmayo
05-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the response. I should have told you that I went through the manual and old posts to see what others had done with this message. I checked the sensor options and it reads 0 with or without a board. It probably needs to go back to CC but since I know they tested it, it's got to be something really minor. Oh well. I'm learning to be patient with this little gal. Pam

bladesmith
05-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the response. I should have told you that I went through the manual and old posts to see what others had done with this message. I checked the sensor options and it reads 0 with or without a board. It probably needs to go back to CC but since I know they tested it, it's got to be something really minor. Oh well. I'm learning to be patient with this little gal. Pam

Pam,

Same as the problem I have just had on My machine. (maybe for the same reason or not...). Per support, the wires from the sensor are supposed to run through a channel in back, and sometimes get out of place and pinched, causing this problem. In my case, I think it had to do with a build-up of extra-fine dust behind the little window, but taking it off and blowing it out didn't really change anything, so they are sending out a new sensor Monday.

54+ hours of time so far, and this is the first real hardware (as opposed to me) problem.

Cheers, and good luck,

Bladesmith