PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Help

Dega
05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
While I'm waiting for the Centerline feature to be available, I need to make a desk plaque for a friend who is getting promoted - could someone help me by converting the text to centerline so I can get carving this? I have tried everything I know with other styles and nothing looks right or carves without chipping due to the font sizes and I need to finish this tonight - I'm really stuck here and have wasted all the walnut I care to at this point - any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Russ

pkunk
05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Ask & ye shall receive. Use 90° bit - if you want the 60° let me know.

Dega
05-17-2007, 11:28 AM
That's great! I can't thank you enough sir!

On a side note, how are you doing that? And do we have any word yet on when Centerline will be available for us?

Thanks again

pkunk
05-17-2007, 11:33 AM
How is easy if you have centerline, ehich as a Beta owner I do. Click on text>edit text> select centerline. Voila!:D

Charles M
05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Paul,

Based on my experience with using Centerline fonts that were posted by generous beta testers, I can change them from 90° to 60°. However, that and moving/rotating/resizing are the only changes I can make without it reverting to raster or outline.

Gman_Ind
05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I installed version 1.029 and it still has centerline text. If anyone has a need do your layout and post the mpc. I will be willing to try the conversion. I intend to make a few more center line fonts for my signs. I have some simple ones I want to make that I saw in a touristy store. centerline is the way to go for this project.
The signs are light colored particle board, painted dark basic colors then centerline text phrases carved into it. I suspect the original sign maker used a router stencil.