PDA

View Full Version : error 10

oldjoe
05-16-2007, 06:38 PM
This question is going to sound way out there and no I have not been smoking fecal mater. I have had the carvewright for about a month 16 projects no problems. Well I was getting tired of tying up the family computer so I went out and bought a laptop sounded like a good idea at the time. But anyway I am on my second machine now like I said for about a month so the desk computer still had the old software. When I got the new laptop I installed the disk that came with the new machine. Well now the errors begin. I tried my first project from it and it measured the width of the board fine but when it did the length it went to one end just fine but when it got about 3" or so from the end of the board it just stopped and asked it I wanted to place pattern on length center I said yes then it sounded like it was trying to move the board but it just sat there belts were moving or nothing. so I stopped aborted it check the board making sure it would slide thru okay and it did. So I tried again same thing only it said fatal error 10 reboot machine. So I did and had the same results. But when I went to one of the older patterns on the card and tried that everything was fine.
So is the problem with the new disc or my laptop or in Windows Vista
I have it carving now but when it is done I will send a report to teck.
But I thought I would try here for some quick ideas

But the laptop is great now I can check the forum any where any time LOL:D :D :D

Sarge
05-16-2007, 07:00 PM
This question is going to sound way out there and no I have not been smoking fecal mater.

So I tried again same thing only it said fatal error 10 reboot machine. So I did and had the same results. But when I went to one of the older patterns on the card and tried that everything was fine.So is the problem with the new disc or my laptop or in Windows Vista
I have it carving now but when it is done I will send a report to teck.
But I thought I would try here for some quick ideas

But the laptop is great now I can check the forum any where any time LOL
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Joe,
You know I gotta take a stab at this.

From the sound of it, the Vista is more than likely your cause. I've heard that alot of programs have issues working within the Vista platform. I'd transfer the new pattern to a flashdisk then to your old computer, save it then load it to the card. If it runs like it's supposed to from the old computer.......... Vista is probably the problem.

dcurrysr
05-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Joe, If it is any help, I am running Vista with the software and not having any problems. Vista seemed to accept the software okay when I loaded it about 2 months ago.
Dave

oldjoe
05-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't understand why is it that Micro soft come up with a new and improved thing and all it does is cause problems. I talk to I.T. people at work and they put it down it takes up allot of space on the hard drive Bill Gates must have been getting low on cash, maybe he should hire the staff at LHR they would get it straight.:rolleyes:

Jeff_Birt
05-16-2007, 07:34 PM
The CD that came with your machine has Designer and firmware version 1.113 (more then likely). I'm betting your upgraded Designer/firmware on your desktop machine you should update your new laptop to the same version and see if that helps.

Odds are this has nothign to do with Vista.

oldjoe
05-17-2007, 06:53 AM
The one on my desk top was upgraded then for some reason I dumped it I was having trouble doing text and for some reason I thought it was in the upgrade had to blame something it certainly couldn't have been me.LOL So the desk top is still running the 1.13 version. But now my suspicions have moved to the lap top itself if I remember right it took a long time to upload to the flash card. I emailed the designs to my desk top and will try again tonight.
But I was able to do the carving it came out okay but I decided to do it in the normal mode which made it normal. And I know when I put in the flash card it will want to send the message to LHR so I will let that happen. What will they do with this message will they respond to me on it?

Charles M
05-17-2007, 07:25 AM
As far as I know I've never successfully sent one of those messages. If it does go through I wouldn't count on a response. It's just for their use in developing updates (much the same way Windows wants to send a report when something crashes).

Jeff_Birt
05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Joe, I would suggest upgrading both installations to 1.120. The next time you insert your flash card format it and then update the firmware.

oldjoe
05-17-2007, 11:23 AM
I will take you sound advice and do that. I will however keep my fingers crossed and keep my computer nearby so I can get my forum fix for the day.

oldjoe
05-18-2007, 08:33 PM
:D Not sure I fixed the problem but it has gone away. At least for now but I think the culprit was not the laptop, windows vista, or even version 1.12 but it was the old planer, I wasn't paying close enough attention to that detail. It seems that snipe on the end of the board could have been the problem :eek:
Well everything is up and running. I did email the error message off the card but not sure if they received it or not as I have not heard back yet. All my software has been updated to the new version. Now I am just waiting for the centerline text update.