PDA

View Full Version : Centerline - will it carve right?

ljdm
05-16-2007, 06:43 AM
After manipulating the text for what seemed like forever - (BTW, save file as you go along, when Designer crashes, it's a pain to re-do everything) was wondering: Those of you who have the centerline feature, and those of you who have used Greybeards font, think this will carve okay? Letters are pretty cloes together, I just don't know how the 60 degree bit will make it as far as width and depth of cut. Any advice before I sacrifice another piece of wood?

Charles M
05-16-2007, 07:23 AM
The text is awfully small and may not carve well, particularly if the machine doesn't accurately know the correct depth. LHR authorized the return of my CC because of this issue but I was able to work around it somewhat by using a shim during the Finding Surface step. Another suggestions is to make all of the lower case letters touch. The Edwardian script font that you used will look better that way. It may be better to do a rastered version of the text and overlay the Centerline, adjust it then delete the rastered version. See attached.

Oh, and you can use Align Right Sides to get the text lined up on a straight line.

Greybeard
05-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Any advice before I sacrifice another piece of wood?

How about having a piece of 1/2 ply you keep as a test board, and copy/paste or set up just a small part of the text as for a test carve ?

John

pkunk
05-16-2007, 09:14 AM
After manipulating the text for what seemed like forever - (BTW, save file as you go along, when Designer crashes, it's a pain to re-do everything) was wondering: Those of you who have the centerline feature, and those of you who have used Greybeards font, think this will carve okay? Letters are pretty cloes together, I just don't know how the 60 degree bit will make it as far as width and depth of cut. Any advice before I sacrifice another piece of wood?
I sent you a PM yesterday with the solution. If you don't want it, at least decline.