PDA

View Full Version : Tech Support Withdrawl

benluz
05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I found myself dialing the carvewright number today with no specific question, then out of the blue a live voice came on the line, I had to think quick ...what was I calling about...uh...Centerline text, yes.... that's it Centerline.The voice on the other end sounded familiar, and they said " still working on it" and I said....... "Chris is that you" ! I said "this is Ben"...."oh Ben...didn't recognize your voice on speaker phone". ....we exchanges dimwitted comments then hung up. Well, I guess I'll head back down to the shop to do some more carving.Until I think of another reason to call CW.
Wow...to much lacquer fumes....I think....lol
Ben

Hanna
05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
That is hilarious:)))) ROFL

My machine is packed. You talk about withdrawal. I have no one to fight with:(

benluz
05-15-2007, 03:29 PM

Packed up to ship back for the close cover issue....well I guess getting it hot in an attempt to make it longer did not work...that is the plastic arm that closes the switch....I know what you were thinking ! Bad !Bad Hanna

Charles M
05-15-2007, 03:54 PM

Mine is packed now, too. I'm going to FedEx today so mine can beat yours to Texas :p

benluz
05-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Mine is packed now, too. I'm going to FedEx today so mine can beat yours to Texas :p

Charles, what is your going back for ?
Ben

JOHNB
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Man, They're Gonna Be Busy This Week. Mine's Going Back Tommorrow For A Bad Spindle Bearing And Z-motor. Was Hoping To Just Send The 2 Trucks Back But Omar Says They Don't Want Us Messing With Any Of The Bearings, So Whole Machine Goes Back....

Charles M
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Charles, what is your going back for ?
Ben

Mine cuts everything 0.025" too deep and has the Check Cut Motor and Close Cover errors. I was working around the first two but the Close Cover error was incessant and driving me crazy.

benluz
05-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Mine cuts everything 0.025" too deep and has the Check Cut Motor and Close Cover errors. I was working around the first two but the Close Cover error was incessant and driving me crazy.

Yes that close cover can be a tough one, all my sensors were acting up and i was getting the close cover very often .when i put the machine in sensor mode with wood clamped in place,then moved the z head around and watched the readings, simple things like roller compressor would change to uncompressed.So I thought there must be a short in the board sensor ,it was all that was left with the ribbon cable unplugged that goes to the scanner...well to sum it up the those board sensor wires were pinched between the plastic cover that protects them and made a dead short to the metal.Mine as been working great ever since I fixed that .
Ben

forqnc
05-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Well I beat you all, mine was picked up on Monday. :p

benluz
05-16-2007, 07:06 AM
I think if CW came out with a trouble shooting / repair manual many more people would have the ability to fix their own machine and not have to fear voiding their warranty.That way looking at the pictures in the repair manual while on the phone with tech support,the tech person would have a better feel for what the customer is capable of fixing and what they are not
Ben

JOHNB
05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I think if CW came out with a trouble shooting / repair manual many more people would have the ability to fix their own machine and not have to fear voiding their warranty.That way looking at the pictures in the repair manual while on the phone with tech support,the tech person would have a better feel for what the customer is capable of fixing and what they are not
Ben

I WOULD THINK IT'S COSTING THEM A LOT OF MONEY FOR SHIPPING 73 LB. BOXES TO AND FROM

rjp736
05-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Costs CW $100.00 for shipping. $50.00 each way.

benluz
05-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Costs CW $100.00 for shipping. $50.00 each way.

Lol...and I was just bragging about my machine...I should know better ! Mine was running really good for some time now,but last night I left it running on a big carving,and this morning z-stall and bit went through the board.Well,...having fixed this a few times i first went to 0,7 to check positioning of the z -head I moved it up and down and it would return the same value within .001 except for the last movement which i did it faster and it lost track by .003.Hmm ,so I yanked the z-motor off and pulled off the dust cover....Ah...black dust inside everywhere all over the ecnoder disc,also I noticed the aluminum housing was very loose,which I sealed with liquid nails to hold it from moving ,but the adhesive cracked.I looked where the black dust could be coming from and under the encoder circuit board there is a black ring that moves as the cooling fins move...just form the vibration none of these components hould move.I took a hose clamp big enough to enclose the cooling fins and the motor and tightened it down leaving the screw head to the right so it would clear.put it back together .....It's half way though a big carving now with no problems .Anyway total repair time 15 minutes...if we had this kind of info in a manual there would be far less machines going back.I mostly know about encoder ,because that's where my problems usually are ,but if we had the knowledge of the tech guy plus customer input combined in one easy to use guide I think it would be a big help.I couple guys like sarge have compiled some good hints pdf.But A full repair manual like you buy for a car is what I need.
Ben

Hanna
05-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Some words about how the machine is supposed to operate would be helpful as well. How do you know, short of getting an error message when something is wrong if you don't know what is right?

Also, there is very little in the manual about maintenance, especially about what needs what kind of lubrication where. From reading the forum I find that different parts require different kinds of lubrication. Exactly where or how to apply those is still a mystery. The flex shaft thing...I got that, did that. Good instructions! Thanks guys:)

More detailed instructions about cleaning would also be helpful, such as what is mentioned in a thread above. I need to go back and read that again and make note for future reference.

I have accepted the fact that if I am going to USE this machine I am going to have to be willing to become a mechanic to some degree. I am not thrilled about the prospect, but I will do it. I just would like to feel like I have the information I need to do it right.

BTW....can you use a magnetic screw driver around this machine? I haven't cause I was afraid to but I wanted to....darn screws;/

benluz
05-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Some words about how the machine is supposed to operate would be helpful as well. How do you know, short of getting an error message when something is wrong if you don't know what is right?

Also, there is very little in the manual about maintenance, especially about what needs what kind of lubrication where. From reading the forum I find that different parts require different kinds of lubrication. Exactly where or how to apply those is still a mystery. The flex shaft thing...I got that, did that. Good instructions! Thanks guys:)

More detailed instructions about cleaning would also be helpful, such as what is mentioned in a thread above. I need to go back and read that again and make note for future reference.

I have accepted the fact that if I am going to USE this machine I am going to have to be willing to become a mechanic to some degree. I am not thrilled about the prospect, but I will do it. I just would like to feel like I have the information I need to do it right.

BTW....can you use a magnetic screw driver around this machine? I haven't cause I was afraid to but I wanted to....darn screws;/

Magnetic screw driver is fine...I do it all the time. Static discharge around the machine is bad and a strong magnet near the memory card might scramble data.
Ben

Hanna
05-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Magnetic screw driver is fine...I do it all the time. Static discharge around the machine is bad and a strong magnet near the memory card might scramble data.
Ben

So keep the screw driver away from the card?

Showing my ignorance further....what constitutes static discharge? besides me walking across a carpet and zapping the thing?

benluz
05-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Hello, Winter time when the air is very dry is the worse time for a human to machine discharge,the other problem would be hooking a dust collector up to the cw can cause static especially when using pvc or plastic pipe.If using plastic it should have a copper wire running through the pipe for a good ground.There are kits you can buy to do this, just do a search on Google. I'm getting readyto install dust collection right through the front clear cover with dust pick very close to the bit.I think proper dust collection will get rid of a lot of problems.board sensor,stuck roller and so on.I'll post my results when I get it done.
Ben