PDA

View Full Version : New Machine and Manufacturers Date

goober
05-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello all, I am waiting for my new machine to be delivered and have been reading through the forums for days on end. A question came to mind. When I get my new machine, is there a plaque showing the manufacturers date? I do understand that months can go by between build date and sale date but I am hoping that a newer machine will have less trouble than the early 2006 machines. I have been scanning the post dates of people with issues and it seams like the bulk of the problems were in early 2006 ( more than likely the beta machines ). So can I expect that my new machine will be of newer stock? Can anyone with a new machine comment on the reliability as compared to the old stock?

Thanks

Jeff_Birt
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
There is no date on the name plate. The machines have been in short supply for several months so I would say the chances of getting an old one are slim to none.

DocWheeler
05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Goober,
There doesn't seem to be many members around this time of day.
I can appreciate your hopes for a CC without "issues", but I doubt there are any guarantees. Since they are in great demand, I assume that your "new" machine was built recently.
The company is great to work with whether or not your machine develops problems. Learn as much as you can about the machine by "playing" with it gently at first to get the "feel" of what you are doing.
I think that the serial number is the closest thing you will have to knowing the build date (I'm not where my machine is at this time).

Ken

ramlin
05-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Goober,
I have had two machines. The first had beginning serial number
AX-xxxx, and the second machine AL-xxxx. I wondered if the
second machine was older than the first one. I called CW sales
and they told me that you can not go by the serial to determine
date of manufacture. Not much sense in the way they assign
serial numbers, usually you can tell the date of manufacture by
the serial number. Hope this helps