PDA

View Full Version : What's the easiest way to remove a backgound ?

benluz
05-14-2007, 09:08 AM
When working with photo's in coreldrawx3, what is the easiest and quickest way to trace the main image and remove the background ,other than erasing it.The auto trace seems not to work on complicated images.
Thanks,
Ben

I found it looks like mask may be the best:How To Remove the Background in a Bitmap Using Bitmap Color Mask in CorelDraw
From Sue Chastain,
Your Guide to Graphics Software.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
When you place a bitmap image over a colored background in CorelDraw, you may not want the solid bitmap background to obscure the object underneath. You can drop out the background color with the bitmap color mask.
Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: 2 minutes
Here's How:

1. With your CorelDraw document opened, import the bitmap into your document by choosing File > Import.
2. Navigate to the folder where the bitmap is located and select it. Your cursor will change to an angle bracket.
3. Click and drag a rectangle where you want to place your bitmap, or click once on the page to place the bitmap and adjust the size and position later.
4. With the bitmap selected, go to Bitmaps > Bitmap Color Mask.
Sponsored Links

Coreldraw 11CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X3 Buy Now from the Official Sitewww.Corel.com

Irfan View Graphic ViewerView & Edit most graphics formats. Most popular viewers worldwide.www.Irfanview-ib.com

Scrapbook Freebies CDScrapbook freebies CD-ROM, 5 sets, 100's of digital productswww.freeDigitaleXpressCD.com
5. The bitmap color mask docker will appear.
6. Make sure that "Hide Colors" is selected in the docker.
7. Place a check mark in the box for the first color selection slot.
8. Click on the eyedropper button, and click the eyedropper on the background color you want to remove.
9. Click on apply.
10. You may notice some fringe pixels remaining after clicking apply. You can adjust the tolerance to correct for this.
11. Move the tolerance slider to the right to increase the percentage.
12. Click apply after adjusting the tolerance.
13. To drop out additional colors in the bitmap, select the next checkbox in the color selector area and repeat the steps.

Tips:

1. If you change your mind you can use the edit color button to change the dropped out color, or simply uncheck one of the boxes and start over.
2. You can save the color mask settings for future use by clicking in the disk button on the docker.
3. These steps were written using CorelDraw version 9, but they should be similar for versions 8 and higher.

More How To's from your Guide To Graphics Software
Suggested Reading

JOHNB
05-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I Have Been Using Paint.net. Select Area With Magic Wand, Click Edit, Click Erase Selection, Poof , All Gone At Once??

benluz
05-15-2007, 07:23 AM
I Have Been Using Paint.net. Select Area With Magic Wand, Click Edit, Click Erase Selection, Poof , All Gone At Once??

When the wand selects a part you do not want to delete how do you deselect it with out deselecting the other portion.I have a program with the wand and I get the same results with either of them some images it works and others it does not.Is there any secret to using it properly?
Ben

sk8nmike
05-15-2007, 04:14 PM
When the wand selects a part you do not want to delete how do you deselect it with out deselecting the other portion.I have a program with the wand and I get the same results with either of them some images it works and others it does not.Is there any secret to using it properly?
Ben

Look for a setting called "Color tolerance" the lower the setting the closer to the selected color other colors have to be to be included in the mask.

JOHNB
05-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Maybe Don't Use The Wand But Another Tool For Selecting An Area...