PDA

View Full Version : Designer Program Crashes

jjowens
05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm having trouble accessing the library of images in Designer. Whenever I attempt to access the library, the proram crashes. This has just started. Never had any problems before. No changes have been made to the computer or to the program. Any ideas???

Iwood2
05-13-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm having trouble accessing the library of images in Designer. Whenever I attempt to access the library, the proram crashes. This has just started. Never had any problems before. No changes have been made to the computer or to the program. Any ideas???

If you are running windows go to control panel add and remove programs , carvewright systems click on support informations and then repair should fix when you deal with windows stuff just happens

BobHill
05-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Also, if running even XP Windows, you might clean out your TEMP folder. Although not as touchy as it used to be in previous versions of Windows, it's always a good idea to keep as much free Temp cache on your system as possible when running graphics and other system demanding programs like Designer. For those who might not be well versed on how to do this, you might do the following (This can absolutely do NO HARM to your system and can only make it run better):

Close all operating programs, then open Explorer (logo key + E). Now go to your Temp folder and Control A (select all) and Delete. Perhaps some files won't delete (due to hidden programs running on your system), but that's OK. Delete the ones that will remove themselves (C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Local Settings\Temp). When that's done, complete a Defrag of your C: drive (open Explorer, right click on C:, Properties, Defrag now, click on C: and Defragment. When done, now see if you still have the same problem.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

BoardSilly
05-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Just a tip here, when asking for help with the software please specify the version you are running and the operating system you are running it on. Makes it hard to assist without this information.

jjowens
05-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks to Iwood2 and BobHill for your suggestions. Did them all, but the problem's still there. As for a partial fix, I simply uninstalled the program (which had been upgraded to Version 1.120) and reinstalled the original program that came with the machine (Version 1.113). The old program works fine. Then I installed the upgrade to Version 1.120 again and the problem re-appeared. So, I have once again uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the original version and I'm leaving it that way for a while.

Also thanks to BoardSilly for the reminder to include info on the computer. I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. The processor is a Pentium 4 at 3.40 GHz with !.0 GB of RAM.

As I said previously, the newer version (Version 1.120) had been running fine for several weeks. Then it just recently started crashing whenever I attempted to open the library.

Sarge
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
JJ,
If you uninstalled, then installed 1.113 I'd have one concern. When you updated the 1.113 to 1.1120, did you update from a "saved" copy or from the website? If it was from a saved version, it was probably a corrupt version.

Other than that, I'm at a loss.

cpoole
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Did you make any changes to your system un/install any other software (i.e. games) between the time it was working and the time it stopped working? Some programs will not work well together for example running McAffe AV. and Norton Ghost system will lock up to where you can only turn off and reboot

If you did reboot pc in safe mode (as soon as you see windows F8) and uninstall the other software and reboot normally

then you should be able to reinstall 1.1120

VtBlues
05-16-2007, 12:05 AM
If you haven't made any changes in your computer that would explain the problem then you might want to try system recovery. Windows periodically set restore points or you can set them yourself manually. If you click start icon and then select "Help and Support" there is a section called pick a task. One of the selections is system recovery. Should be able to sort it out from the instructions there. This is on Windows XP. If you don't see the task selection try a search on system recovery. Has saved my behind more than once. good luck