PDA

View Full Version : Never Ever

JOHNB
05-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I Thought I Would Help My Machine By Spraying Lube Down Inside The Z Head Where The Flex Shaft Goes In. Big Mistake. Them Bearings Don't Need Any Help. The Head Got Super Hot. After Cleaning The Bearings The Best I Could It Still Went Bad. I Thnk I Can Take The Truck Off And Just Send That In. Chris Said No Lube Needed In This Area Except A Little Oil On The Quick Chuck Where It Slides Up And Down, And A Little Inside With A Rag

goober
05-20-2007, 09:27 PM
what type of lube did you use?

JOHNB
05-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi Goober, I Used The Moly Lube- (dupont Dry Wax?). Not Sure If That Really Hurt The Bearing, But, ?? Lhr Says No Lube Down Inside The Z- Head

Dirtydan
05-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes.. Use just a little 3 in 1 oil (I put a drop at each flat where it slides up and down) exercise the QRC a couple of times and then shoot some compress air up-inside the chuck after each job. If you don't have a air compressor, you can use 3M Dust Remover (Compressed Gas Duster). All you need is a couple of quick shots... This has worked wonders with the QuickReleseChuck...It actually works now..

You might try using some MEK to help clean out all the un-wanted lube, but if the bearings took a dump, I guess its back to our friends in Texas with the QRC. Good Luck...