PDA

View Full Version : sons first girlfriend

natman
05-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Here is my 5 year olds first girlfriend as well as first kiss..Hope to carve it over the weekend...Do you all think I need to add anything to it?

Sarge
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Here is my 5 year olds first girlfriend as well as first kiss..Hope to carve it over the weekend...Do you all think I need to add anything to it?

Natman,
Check this out. I did some "horsin" with it. Changed some settings and fiddled with the height and depth. Seems more life-like to me. I deleted the fancy stuff around it. You can add them back in if you want.

ramlin
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
It looks great, have you tried inverting the pattern? Either way looks
great. Matter of choice I guess.

natman
05-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I like it sarge...Gotta love this machine and abilities..Was doing a project yesterday and had an error 236 I believe came up...Haven't tried to do anything today but plan on doing some tommorrow..This project will take 2 hours and 23 minutes to carve out..I will post this project when done as well as the special request neice photo yall worked on..I'm running low on cherry so these might be out of oak or something else..Got 4 cedar boards that are 4.5inches wide and 1.125inches thick..Very few knots and blood red..I'm thinking about dowling and gluing together then running through the local high schools planer...Would the glue dull the bit to fast or should I worry more about the knots that I'll probably encounter?

Dan-Woodman
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM
If you dowel it , you might take the risk of carving into the dowels.

Sarge
05-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm thinking about dowling and gluing together then running through the local high schools planer...Would the glue dull the bit to fast or should I worry more about the knots that I'll probably encounter?

Natman,
Glue will eventually cause dulling, it shouldn't be a big deal for a couple of carvings.

Dan,
I agree with the issue of dowels or biscuits, especially if you use the rectangle as a frame. The combined depth of the frame and picture would probably get to the joint. I'd probably just go with a line for a frame and do away with the Carve Region.

BobHill
05-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Natman,

I also played with it a tad and just by putting 500 to the height seemed to add a lot more detail to the kids.

Bob

pamjmayo
05-11-2007, 12:33 AM
That picture is too cute for words!!!! Sarge and RC will give your picture a good once-over probably so you are in good hands. As a mom, I love it!

Pam

pamjmayo
05-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Ramlin, what is the deal about inverting the picture? I've never done that with my pictures and always love new ideas!

Pam

ramlin
05-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Pam,
After opening the .mpc in designer, You can select the pattern and and
right click and use the option "Invert Pattern" Gives you a different
look to the pattern.

Woodpecker
05-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Great job. I have problems getting the pictures inclusive vs exclusive. I have shots of eagles that my preference will be to have the picture convex rather than concave. How did you get the clear image? Or am I making an effort to complicate something?

natman
05-12-2007, 09:09 PM
All I,ve done to get good pictures so far is to use my digital camera and put my subject 3 to 4 feet away ..Center the subject and use the flash day or night inside or out..