PDA

View Full Version : well folks good luck with everything!

menewfy
05-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I wish you all the best of luck. I bought my cc back in jan 07 when you look at a calendar it don't seem too long ago, but when you look at the roller coaster of emotions and hope I have been on it seems like an eternity.

I am not going to get into a long winded story about my misfortunes because I am sure you have all heard and read enough by this point from all who have been and gone and chances are two days from now noone will remember anyhow.

If there is one thing I can tell all of you that you should pay mind to it is ths.

NO MATTER WHAT IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE MACHINE YOU OWN AT ANY TIME WITHIN THE FIRST TWO MONTHS, MEANING YOU HAVE BEEN DOWN MORE THAN UP WAITING ON PARTS OR WHAT NOT BRING IT BACK TO SEARS, DON'T WAIT TIL THE DAY BEFORE THE END OF THE THIRD MONTH.

IF YOU BRING IT BACK DO NOT DO AN EXCHANGE, IF YOU DO AN EXCHANGE YOUR 90 DAY RETURN POLICY STARTS FROM THE ORIGINAL SALE DATE. RETURN IT FOR YOUR FULL REFUND AND THEN GO TO THE NEXT TELLER AND ORDER ANOTHER ONE(THAT IS ASSUMIMG THAT YOU STILL HAE FAITH).

I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE OF CARVEWRIGHT ALL THE PEOPLE i HAVE DEALT WITH ONE THE PHONE ARE TERRIFIC NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THE TRUELY AND GENUINELY CARE ABOUT THE ISSUES THAT YOU AND i HAVE HAD TO THIS POINT. THE HAVE NO CHOICE BUT FEEL THIS WAY CAUSE THEY ARE BEING PUT IN A SITUATION WHERE THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH US AND MOST OF THE TIME WHEN THEY ARE DEALING WITH US WE ARE NOT HAPPY.

SO IT SEEMS I GOT A LITTLE LONG WINDED ANS AS I CHECK MY SPELLING I NOTICE ALL THE CAPS SO I AM SORRY ABOUT THAT. this is better.

I believe in a year or two they will have a good product that anyone will be proud to have in there shop but in the mean time I have decided to bring mine back because it is costing me far too much to own it.

I will keep my eye on this forum and may even type on it now and then but as far as owning something I have decided to buy a shopbot. i am getting it in a week and a bit.

good luck to all that hang in there you have far more patience than I do.

below you will see my sig, and while this is still the truth i will add this to it

if you are going to reinvent something please make sure it works!!!!!

RC Woodworks
05-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Tim, sorry to hear you never got your CC to work. I know your frustration having exchanged 3 machines myself. So far my fourth has been working ok. I too have ordered a new ShopBot and it is being built for me.

Did you buy a used one? Just wondering since you stated you will get your next week. I ordered mine last month. I know it is a long way from you, but next week ShopBot is having a jamboree convention in San Mateo California. I am going for the whole week and they offer a free day of training that they normally charge $300.00 and you need to go to their office in SC.

I am sure I will see you in the ShopBot forum! Sorry again to hear about your CC.

Rick

Bill
05-10-2007, 06:35 AM
hello Tim,
The machine looks like it is in excellent condition http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif and should fit your needs very well. Keep in touch...Bill.

Digitalwoodshop
05-10-2007, 08:08 AM
Tim,

Was that you on eBay buying the Shop Bot for about 5K? Looked like a great deal if it was you.

Good Luck,

AL

menewfy
05-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys;

it was me that bought the one on ebay that you were all eyeballing lol

I am going to pick it up next weekend ROAD TRIP!!

I will keep the machine in mind in a year or two but I felt for right now this would be the better move for me. if I am going to spend more money better get a machine that I know is going to work instead of one that I hope is going to work.

Tim

RC Woodworks
05-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I never thought about e-bay, oh well I am getting a brand new one built just for me!!! I am off to the Shopbot jamboree this week May 14th -21st. It will be great near the ocean in beautiful California!

I will be in touch during the week and I will tell you all the fun i am having!!!

Rick

benluz
05-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I never thought about e-bay, oh well I am getting a brand new one built just for me!!! I am off to the Shopbot jamboree this week May 14th -21st. It will be great near the ocean in beautiful California!

I will be in touch during the week and I will tell you all the fun i am having!!!

Rick

There is a big woodworking show in Vegas in July, I believe ,with a lot of specialized classes on fixtures for parts when vacuum is not enough will be one of many topics covered .A buddy of mine and myself will be attending.Classes are on all aspects of cnc from tooling to signage design.
Ben

Bill
05-13-2007, 09:18 PM
I am off to the Shopbot jamboree this week May 14th -21st

Enjoy yourself and keep in touch. ;)

RC Woodworks
05-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Enjoy yourself and keep in touch. ;)

I shall do, I know I will internet at the hotel! It is only a 3 star the 4 star was booked!

Rick

Gman_Ind
05-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Good luck with your E-bay purchase I hope you have fun with your new big boy toy.

RC Woodworks
05-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Good luck with your E-bay purchase I hope you have fun with your new big boy toy.

Mike, I bought mine new, unless you didn't mean me!!! Still I will let everyone know how the training goes!

Rick

HillBilly
05-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Sorry to see ya leave "menewfy", but we all know this little toy ain`t for everyone and their hearts desire, just a few fools such as I... <grin>

I know you`ll be happy with the "other" ideas that are out there. Its just some of us wanted to get in kind`a less expensive (cheaper), that`s all.

Some might, as well as few will.

menewfy
05-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Sorry to see ya leave "menewfy", but we all know this little toy ain`t for everyone and their hearts desire, just a few fools such as I... <grin>

I know you`ll be happy with the "other" ideas that are out there. Its just some of us wanted to get in kind`a less expensive (cheaper), that`s all.

Some might, as well as few will.

no worries I regret not that I owned on ebut that it was down more than working. I know that the big toy will be more of a learning curve but it also has more capabilities and oportunities.

I did buy mine used on ebay and just happened upon it in frustration, then I jumped because it is not much more than what I have into the cw when I include shipping charges I needed to pay for to get the parts i needed for repair. albeit that is because I wanted them right away instead of waiting 1-2 weeks for shipping each time.

and I was also sick of having to tell customers sorry my machine is broken again I will get your item done as soon as possible. not a good way to expect word of mouth to help you along.

tim

RC Woodworks
05-15-2007, 12:18 AM
So true Tim, no it isn't a toy! I have had to tell my customers a time or two my machine is down. The good thing is my machine has been doing ok. With the exception of the check cut motor. But I received a new cut motor today so I hope that problem will be gone.

I didn't buy a ShopBot to replace my CC. Again if I had all your troubles it would be replaced.

I will let you know how the ShopBot training goes this week! Still sorry to hear the CC didn't work out.

Rick

benluz
05-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Good luck with your new purchase.I too just jumped into the big cnc world...Alot to learn.
But one the bugs are out of the cw it will be hard to beatin the olwer price end and the closet thing is 5,000....well even with the bugs it's worth it to me.I would have never made the leap to a big cnc .
Well...take care .
Ben

menewfy
05-22-2007, 09:03 AM
AGREED!!!!

without the cc I would have never known this world was around so therfor never would have made the jump, however I am glad I did I just got it home last night have it set up and should be making chips fly by tonight.

Tim

Gman_Ind
05-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Rick, i know your family encouraged you to buy a new machine I guess to avoid buying someones problems.

I have looked into several CNC router options, I see some of you on the other forums as well.
I am a technician in my full time job and support a friends CNC shop by networking his cnc machines and PC's together. I know the machines he owns the monthly payments are more than the cost of the CC.