PDA

View Full Version : How long can the machine run? Part 2

Kenm810
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Until you get a check cut motor, then all you need to do is press enter!

Just a little info, I received my machine back from CW this Monday after they did a Z axis repair, a very quick turn around Monday to Monday round trip. I set up a project today for a simple 20 minute carving, 5% into the project the machine stopped and gave me a Check Motor error -- Press Enter to continue, it’s happened to me a few times before plus I’ve read several posts and threads about it. Most saying just press enter and the machine will complete the carving – minor hic-up no problem – not to worry.

In my case - Wrong, I pressed enter as I have before and my machine started carving again, the only difference was the Cut Motor wasn’t running! The bit went its merry way plowing neat little rows through the wood. Hmmm -- not good. CW is on top of it and sending me a new cut motor switch. I would say if or when you run into this error keep a eye on the machine when you -- (Just Press Enter)

forqnc
05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the info Ken, I had a carving going on Saturday, I left to check on something and when I came back my flex shaft was melted and the last couple of runs from the carving where gouged out. I have been having the CCM problem, but like has been posted, pressing enter always got me around it.
Hope your up and running soon, I'm still trying to contact regarding my problem.