PDA

View Full Version : Back Roller Jam and Cutting armer Error 84

Brucker
05-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Can anybody help with either of these two error messages I receive when about halfway through carving

Sarge
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Brucker,
I've dug thru the entire forum. I can only say this. If you're getting roller jams, it's usually due to chips or something messing with your rollers. The Error 84 is probably affiliated with the roller issue.

Kenm810
05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Just a thought on your Roller Jam, I've seen several posts on not having enough roller pressure causing several different kinds of error messages and problems. But not much of anything about pressures over 85lbs., is it possible that to much pressure could cause other errors or problems like the damage to traction belts, sensors, or the possibility of it being contributing factor in a roller jam. You might want to check it with a bathroom scale under the rollers, it couldn't hurt. or I might be just to far out in left field.

RC Woodworks
05-10-2007, 12:46 AM
I had that happen to me also. At first I thought it was a board not being true or square. Then I noticed my fence that hold the board from moving left to right seems to be out of square.

I watch the the front roller in my case trying to move. So I thought it was the board. So I put a different one in same thing, so I adjusted the fence so that it barely touched the edge. No roller error.

So you still might want to check the pressure as Doc suggested. But also try watch the fence and check you board for squareness. Is that a word? And of course for chips. But mine seemed to all of a sudden starting doing it. It was due to the edge fence.

No I need to find out how to re square it. I hope that helped.

Rick

benluz
05-15-2007, 03:11 PM
The roller actually get stuck in the up position,leaving the condition of the roller reading compressed which in turn makes the board roll right past the board sensor, if you go into sensor mode 0,7 and pull down on the roller you can verify this .I usually lift up on the roller and blow the dust out from under it on the sensor end which is the same side as the keypad ,then give it a shot of silcone or other dry lubes and that's all I ever had to do to fix it.
Ben

sk8nmike
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
I had that happen to me also. At first I thought it was a board not being true or square. Then I noticed my fence that hold the board from moving left to right seems to be out of square.

I watch the the front roller in my case trying to move. So I thought it was the board. So I put a different one in same thing, so I adjusted the fence so that it barely touched the edge. No roller error.

So you still might want to check the pressure as Doc suggested. But also try watch the fence and check you board for squareness. Is that a word? And of course for chips. But mine seemed to all of a sudden starting doing it. It was due to the edge fence.

No I need to find out how to re square it. I hope that helped.

Rick

Squaring the fence should be as easy a getting out your framing square (for you non-carpenter types out there it's the big "L" looking thingy) laying it against the inside fence and sliding the outside fence up to it. Loosen the allen screws (if your lazy like me you can do it first) holding the fence press it in on both ends and tighten the fence...Tada a true fence..