PDA

View Full Version : Check out this pattern on ebay

Bill
05-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Comoucarve/CarvWrighT Striper Striped Bass Pattern
http://cgi.ebay.com/Compucarve-Carve-Wright-Striper-Striped-Bass-pattern_W0QQitemZ280111758186QQihZ018QQcategoryZ63 2QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gman_Ind
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
the add says it is a big striper caught in lake Cumberland KY. I should have dropped in a line last time I was down there.

Ropdoc
05-09-2007, 11:44 PM
What do you guys think of him selling his patterns on Ebay?

Dave

liquidguitars
05-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Good idea but the fish needs to be put on ice and then on to the probe :)

LG

Sarge
05-10-2007, 09:02 AM
I don't know how long he's had the machine or software, but the darned pattern looks like he made it after gutting the fish. Maybe he scanned it after gutting!!!

He needs to fix the stuff before trying to sell it.

pastime106
05-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Sarge nailed it, that fish looks flat as road kill. I like the idea, I would not mind bidding/buying a pattern if it was something that I needed and did not have time to scan it myself, or did not have an original to copy.The guy has a decent idea, just not a lot of skill on the execution. I think there are a lot of folks out there that are trying to make up a little of the machines cost.

On Ice ? Good one LG, funny thing is I actually thought about it for a moment. LOL:grin:

Bill
05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
On Ice ? looks like it's already started to decompose

alglv1
05-10-2007, 07:22 PM
It appears to me that he cut the striper from the photo of it being held up. Probably erased the background and touched up the spot where his hands were holding it.

Hey, my first post after lurking since November. Thanks for all of the tips!

Hanna
05-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Its late and I'm tired, but I have to ask. Is the pattern that the purchaser would carve using their CW, the picture of that man and the bent/soft fish? If so, why would a stranger to the man in the photo want to carve it? Ok, I am going to bed, this tells me that I have no ability to reason left:)

Greybeard
05-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Good idea but the fish needs to be put on ice and then on to the probe :)

LG

Well I had no problem cutting frozen salmon steaks on the bandsaw.

OK, so the saw did smell a little for the next month, but we were in a hurry to eat :)

John

Julie Coffey
05-11-2007, 06:37 AM
I respect the guy for trying, would have been nice had he been able to have it in a more natural position instead of cropping it from the 'held' photo.

And why not Ebay? Instant exposure to how many hobbiests? Seems to me I saw other 3d art that was commercial available there a few months ago but for the life of me I cant remember the company.

J

oldjoe
05-11-2007, 11:59 AM
I know its not nice critisize people but wouldn't he make more money for his cause if he had a fish fry.