PDA

View Full Version : Did all that, now what?

Hanna
05-07-2007, 10:51 PM
I took her all apart, tightened the 4 screws, fixed a verticle lock up problem as a result of that, STILL getting close cover error.

Something that is really wierd. The lid, on the left hand side, when it is closed, doesn't go clear down against the black plastic. There is maybe a 32nd inch space there. It has been like that since day one. But why would that become a problem.....in fact what causes this close cover thing to become a problem if it wasn't a problem to begin with?

I am going to try to figure out a way to stick something onto the plastic thing that protrudes into that sensor and see if putting a bit more pressure on it will solve the problem. I tried holding the lid down and that doesn't help. I am at a loss:(

benluz
05-08-2007, 06:38 AM
I took her all apart, tightened the 4 screws, fixed a verticle lock up problem as a result of that, STILL getting close cover error.

Something that is really wierd. The lid, on the left hand side, when it is closed, doesn't go clear down against the black plastic. There is maybe a 32nd inch space there. It has been like that since day one. But why would that become a problem.....in fact what causes this close cover thing to become a problem if it wasn't a problem to begin with?

I am going to try to figure out a way to stick something onto the plastic thing that protrudes into that sensor and see if putting a bit more pressure on it will solve the problem. I tried holding the lid down and that doesn't help. I am at a loss:(

you might be able to heat it and then squeeze it ,slightly increasing the length...just a thought
Ben

Hanna
05-08-2007, 10:35 AM
LOL, if you could see the visions going through my head about now:)

benluz
05-08-2007, 10:46 AM
LOL, if you could see the visions going through my head about now:)

Hey !.....that only works on plastic....I think ??? LMAO
I need to start proof reading my post that one did sound a little strange.
Ben

Digitalwoodshop
05-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Just a dumb question but did you make sure the little plug that the left cover switch wires run from is pushed in all the way. You can see it looking in where the drive cable comes out of the back.

AL

swhitney
05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Hanna... this is a family style forum!!!! LOL