PDA

View Full Version : Single-line font

ljdm
05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Anybody have any single-line fonts? If you use them along with a v-bit, it should make better small text. Other option is to trace center line of text in Corel, so far it's a pain in the you know what.

rjustice
05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
What you are describing is the centerline fonts. If you do a search, you will probably come up with about a million hits. If you look at greybeards posts, he has attached a couple of files that you can copy them out of, but only one letter at a time. (its a pain too)...

Rumor has it that it will be available soon as a software upgrade...

Ron

ljdm
05-07-2007, 09:22 AM
You can't ajust the depth of the centerline fonts from the testboard. I think single-line text is better for making smaller or finer text using the v-bit, it could carve letters in one pass, and if your depth is approx .03 - .04, the width of the lettre stroke is not as wide as regular fonts. Engravers use single-line fonts for this reason.

rjustice
05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
ljdm,

I am with you... i have a job for almost 300 door signs (a logo, name of room, and number)... out of the 2 color layered plastic laminate. I too need to cut .03-.04 deep to get the correct effect. I tried to do it using the raster cut method, and it looks awful. I really need to get a solution quickly myself. I realize there are machines out there specifically designed to do this, but was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak by having the CW do it...

Ron

Greybeard
05-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Ron, I've just pm'ed a suggestion to you.
John

ljdm
05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Ron, I've just pm'ed a suggestion to you.
John

That suggestion any help to me?