PDA

View Full Version : Should I try this?

Hanna
05-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I did the whole take the lid off, tighten the screws for the cover thing. They ARE tight, but I continue to get the close cover error. An interesting thing......when I got the error, I did not open the lid at all, and I pressed 0,7 and went through that menu. The rollers were compressed AND it said the lid was closed:/ Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I read this post sometime ago and found it again and I am wondering if I should do this since I have no desire to get a probe.

It was posted by RC....
They had me remove the small ribbon cable on Z truck. You need to push the cutting head all the way down and you will see a small plastic tab. With some needle nose pull it off and then pull to cable towards you and then straight up. You may need to use a little force due to the ends being glued in. The thing is this will disable the use of the probe. So if you use the probe it will need to be sent in for repair

DDV
05-06-2007, 08:08 AM
I did the whole take the lid off, tighten the screws for the cover thing. They ARE tight, but I continue to get the close cover error. An interesting thing......when I got the error, I did not open the lid at all, and I pressed 0,7 and went through that menu. The rollers were compressed AND it said the lid was closed:/ Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I read this post sometime ago and found it again and I am wondering if I should do this since I have no desire to get a probe.

It was posted by RC....
They had me remove the small ribbon cable on Z truck. You need to push the cutting head all the way down and you will see a small plastic tab. With some needle nose pull it off and then pull to cable towards you and then straight up. You may need to use a little force due to the ends being glued in. The thing is this will disable the use of the probe. So if you use the probe it will need to be sent in for repair

Did you check the screws that hold the door switches in place? Somewere i read that was sometime the problem for this error.
DDV

HandTurnedMaple
05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
You should call CW. This is what caused mine to be sent in to Texas.

Hanna
05-06-2007, 11:31 AM
great;/ Thanks Maple.