PDA

View Full Version : First machine - and another Free Pattern website

Reset
05-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Hello!

I've had my machine for about 2 month now, without a single problem to complain about (a few minor glitches, but nothing to much to really slow me down!)

In fact, I've had so much extra time not doing repairs, I like a few others have created a website to share patterns, information, and more. I just upload my first three patterns today, with many more to come. I invite you to stop by and take a look.;)

I look forward to your comments...
Tommy

MarkJamesDesign
05-05-2007, 01:57 PM
That's great. I trust you got permission from LHR to incorporate the words Compucarve and CarveWright in your name as well as the image of the CarveWright machine. I doubt you did, but I could be wrong.

(EDIT) I'm sorry if my original post was taken as negative or accusational. It was not intended to be. It was merely a tongue in cheek suggestion that they should have checked it out. I can't speak for LHR as I don't know what their legal position is or would be on this matter. I know if it where me, I'd request that you change your name. I think Sears may have a bigger issue with it than LHR.

I for one am grateful for the wealth of info and sharing that goes on in this community and Tommy I welcome you to "the club". I wish you the best in your endeavor but as for me, I would have chosen a more original title that did not infringe upon LHR's namesake. I plan to visit your site often and hope to contribute to it. Hope I didn't ruffle any feathers.

Jim

mikem
05-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Tommy,
way to go, nice site. I for one really like more places to turn to when I need anything extra for the compucarve. I also like that you have a forum there also, more opportunities to find help and with integrated chat (whatever that is, I guess I will have to register and find out). I wouldn't think LHR would mind anyone giving them free advertising and free dedication to enhancing their product. I can imagine them clapping and jumping for joy at the continued exuberance the users of their product demonstrate. I also doubt they have licensed all permutations of their names, I like your web sites name and think you have chosen it well. I look forward to participating and seeing what you have to offer.
Mike

pkunk
05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I don't see a problem with Reset posting here for his new site-it is CW related and unless CW has some issues with it lets just harbor some friendship here. :)

rjp736
05-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Reset,

Very nice web site. With any luck you'll get people who won't be afraid to share. Good job!

JOHNB
05-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Congrats On Your Site Reset. Good For You
(and Us).... Very Nice Words Pk