PDA

View Full Version : Centreline testboard

ljdm
05-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Am I missing something, or just inhaling too much sawdust? Copying and pasting the letters to new project, but can't adjust depth of cut. I tried a test board with a few letters, selected v-groove bit, it works(non-CW bit), but i need to adjust the depth. Is it possibel, or no, due to using this method to work-around no true centerline in my version?

Digitalwoodshop
05-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I am sure Greybeard will chime in on this but with this work around you can't change the depth. If you make the letters bigger, they get deeper. I am cutting some right now. It's almost all I cut. Until we get that program upgrade we cannot change the depth. Taller = deeper for me. I am doing some 8 inches high and very deep.

It's the best we have for now.

Unless you send someone your text file and they having the Centerline option set your requested depth.

Good Luck,

AL

pkunk
05-05-2007, 01:39 PM
In true centerline there is no way to adjust the depth of cut other than changing the bit to 60° and selecting 'bold'.

Charles M
05-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Paul,

Changing to Bold probably works for those of you who inherited the Centerline feature but for the rest of us changing to bold takes us back to raster and outline options only. Although the 60° bit option does work well.

Greybeard
05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't think you can vary the depth in centerline via any depth setting.
If you think about it, by carving a letter into the surface of the material, you are using light and shade to emphasise the contour of the letter.
If you change the proportion of width to depth, the letter may change its appearance unpredictably.

But I'll have a look anyway. Please post the details of what exactly you want the depth to be for a particular letter height.
John

pkunk
05-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Paul,

Changing to Bold probably works for those of you who inherited the Centerline feature but for the rest of us changing to bold takes us back to raster and outline options only. Although the 60° bit option does work well.
That's why I said "true centerline". I haven't had to play with the work-around.

Dirtydan
05-06-2007, 03:26 PM
In true centerline there is no way to adjust the depth of cut other than changing the bit to 60° and selecting 'bold'.

Ok, I have to ask....:confused: Is the Centerline software Upgrade available?

pkunk
05-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Ok, I have to ask....:confused: Is the Centerline software Upgrade available?
Not yet.:( The rumor is soon, though. :D Price for the upgrade is supposed to be $50, but again all rumor.

Dirtydan
05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Not yet.:( The rumor is soon, though. :D Price for the upgrade is supposed to be $50, but again all rumor.

Wouldn't you think the Centerline Upgrade should be FREE because their Website imply's it's a part of the software package... They show all three modes... Centerline being the first mode they show.... You would think it would be the prime mode for text, not something to be added later. Hmmmmmm, you'd think...

Gman_Ind
05-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I have used the centerline text posted here and I really prefer the way it cuts. Fast, clean. I really think it should be 'fixed' (Depth, width all editable) and the machine owners should be able to use this as a standard feature, I assumed this feature was built in when I bought the machine, based on the info advertising the machine.
http://carvewright.com/software.html
I do not remember seeing this caveat when I was shopping this machine. I was excited about getting this machine and might have missed it, unlikely but possible.
(*centerline not included in basic package)

I would like to have the centerline font included soon V1.21 I hope? The cut and paste of letters is a bit crude and archaic.

How do I rotate the text 180? I selected and grouped my text and when O rotated it it rotated each letter in place, it ended up mirrored.

Dirtydan
05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
I do not remember seeing this caveat when I was shopping this machine. I was excited about getting this machine and might have missed it, unlikely but possible.
(*centerline not included in basic package)

I would like to have the centerline font included soon V1.21 I hope? The cut and paste of letters is a bit crude and archaic.

I don't remember seeing it either, but like you said, I too was excited about getting the machine, so if it was there....I missed it.. But I do remember seein a board with Centerline, Rastor and Outline carved on it, so like most folks, I ASSUMED it was a part of the package. But, if you read what they said, it imply's its still available, maybe in another package, just not in the basic package.

The last time I checked, the basic package is all they have right now. So why even bring up the subject of 'Centerline'?

All I know for sure is I want it... NOW!!!

Kenm810
05-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Quote The Gunny,
The last time I checked, the basic package is all they have right now. So why even bring up the subject of 'Centerline'?

All I know for sure is I want it... NOW!!!

I second that.
Yup I just looked it's there

Dirtydan
05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
It's my fault for not reading everything... Boy, their luck they didn't have a good looking gal on that page too... I'd still be waiting for her to show up:p :p