PDA

View Full Version : software Question

Mikewiz
05-05-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm trying to make a carving of a photo. when I put in on my project board in designer, it looks fine until I rotate 90 degrease. designer keeps cutting off the border on one side. I carved the picture and the carving had that missing border. Is there anything I can do to make it show the border. This is the fourth picture I've tried and it happens on every pic. attached is a sample of my problem.

VtBlues
05-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Not exactly sure how to describe what is happening to you. I can make it go away though. Problem is that I don't know how to attach an mpc file to a reply. What i did is I have a blank pattern which is nothng but a black square. I put that down set to .250/100 ant that makes a box. Very similar to using a carving region but for me seems to be a little more controlable. Adjust the size of the blank by dragging the little balls on the sides to get the size you want. Then put your pattern into that box and again adjust your pic till the distortion at the edges goes away. I did it here with your pic and it works. If you can't get it tell me how to post an mpc file and I'll put it up for you. Cute kids by the way :-)

Adding this mpc. hope it works for ya!

jchilli
05-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I tried to turn your picture 90 degrees. It worked ok. now I'm trying to send it to you in this reply. I'm not doing too well with this .
Give me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you that way untill I can figure this attachment process out.:-D

pkunk
05-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Below the message box (the 1 you type in) is a button -'manage attachments'. Click on that & in a new window select the file that you want to include. If you 'edit' your existing reply you'll be able to ad it without filling up this thread with extra posts.

Charles M
05-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Below the message box (the 1 you type in) is a button -'manage attachments'. Click on that & in a new window select the file that you want to include. If you 'edit' your existing reply you'll be able to ad it without filling up this thread with extra posts.

You have to click on one of the reply buttons in the bottom right of the message you want to reply to then click Go Advanced to see the Manage Attachments button. And what's one more post in the thread if we learn something?

edzbaker
05-05-2007, 05:08 PM
The problem you are refering to is a bug in Designer 1.120 It happens only when you rotate a carving.

pkunk
05-05-2007, 06:04 PM
And what's one more post in the thread if we learn something?
I'm just trying to educate them Charles. OK? :p It tends to keep the subject more together that way.

Mikewiz
05-05-2007, 06:31 PM
hey vtblues,

Thanks for the help. I found your file to be helpful.

VtBlues
05-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Glad to help.

Charles M
05-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm just trying to educate them Charles. OK? :p It tends to keep the subject more together that way. I'm with you.